Gibson Brands Forums

Hummingbird 12 string limited run 2017

Was visiting my local Gibby 5 Star dealer a while back and right smack in the middle of the pack was the new limited Hummingbird 12 string. Sat down and gave it a few licks. Had a great setup and the sound was out of this world. My only question is would anyone venture a guess as to how many may have been produced on the limited run ? Such a beautiful instrument..

Other than stating the obvious (ask the 5 Star Dealer where you saw it), my guess would be no more than 50.

In the comments on the Gibson page for that model, one person reported a couple of months ago - that the dealer at which they went to to look for one told them that they were not available anymore. I suppose whatever was produced has already been shipped to their 5 Star Dealers.

Was visiting my local Gibby 5 Star dealer a while back and right smack in the middle of the pack was the new limited Hummingbird 12 string. Sat down and gave it a few licks. Had a great setup and the sound was out of this world. My only question is would anyone venture a guess as to how many may have been produced on the limited run ? Such a beautiful instrument..

One in Uk for sale

Reputable dealer

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/acoustic-guitars/gibson-hummingbird-12-string.htm?gclid=CNvm1aHJndQCFRG6GwoddqEBlA

Gibson appear not to wish to disclose how many Hummingbird 12 Strings are in their latest 2017 run of "rarely offered iconic 12 String guitars".

Their six string limited edition states, "production run of 50" on its internal label, Why so coy? Their reply to my dealer said very little and there has been no reply to my recent enquiry.

Just beautiful Stringbender! What was the first song you played on it? Where did you find and get it?

The first song was " Ghost In This House "... The local 5 star dealer is Parkway Music located in Clifton Park, NY. I have known the owners over 20 years.

As it happened I wasn't looking for a Gibson 12 string at all. I visited their store back in early March on a Sunday afternoon just to " take a look".. During that visit there was a sj200 limited with quilted back and sides that was just stunning. I was mostly price checking available stock of which were a grouping of j45's , L-OO 's, sj200 standard and a Hummingbird standard.

After a few days I sent a message making a offer on the SJ200 quilt. The offer was declined. So, in mid April I go back , the SJ200 had sold. :( . To my surprise they had the 2017 SJ200 in Autumn Burst with flame maple back and sides. I wasn't letting it get away... beautiful piece.

A few weeks goes by and again ( God help us all ) I visited again. This time I was stroking the LOOTV . They also had a standard LOO that sounded fantastic vs. the TV. Another individual was playing the 12 string and it was just killing me to think I wouldn't be able to make the deal. As fate would happen I was checking out with the LOO standard at the counter. I was dealing with the owner and after paying for it I told him how much I would have loved to be taking the HBird home. One thing led to another and the 12 string was all mine. The weather has been horrible here with tons of rain and humidity readings well above 70%. So, playing time has been limited. I have no regrets. Apologize for the long reply but sometimes people like to hear " the story ". Parkway has a great retail operation and more guitars than one can imagine. What's next ? Maybe a J35 Banner......

To my surprise they had the 2017 SJ200 in Autumn Burst with flame maple back and sides. I wasn't letting it get away... beautiful piece.... One thing led to another and the 12 string was all mine.

Wait, you got the SJ and the Bird12? Dude! msp_w00t.gif

Affirmative. Will post a pic or two at the appropriate time in a different thread if there should be any interest..

Oh, a girl down the street said a guy she knows said he might be interested, so....

rolleyes.gif

Archived