Gibson Brands Forums

EJ-Cliffs of Dover

10K-DB

I listened to the first half.

Is it the guitar you need to work on (technique) or music (theory)?

Actually both,,or as much as I can to maybe play this good,,BUT in my own signature of style,,thats the hard part,,coming up with ones own style that is its own musical footprint.

I saw him at a small college venue a couple of years ago when he was on tour with Mike Stern.

Great show. I knew very litttle of his music. I came away very impressed with his guitar skills. Stern's as well.

This was probably the only song of his I knew before the concert.

It sounded KILLER!

This is from an ACLimits show from say,,maybe the late 90's,,not sure. I used to get Austin city limits and Soundstage shows on my PBS station here in Mtr Cty area,,but havent seen them on for quite a while,,thats where I first saw this. I really like his scale run selections,,so melodic. His FB page is really cool,,he always posts stuff about his gear ect. Fun to watch. Theres so many greats out there to learn from,,he happens to be one of my top 5 I listen to,,Holdsworth,,EVH,,Joe S,,and others. Practice,,practice,,practice! is really what it takes to get to this level.

This is from an ACLimits show from say,,maybe the late 90's,,not sure. I used to get Austin city limits and Soundstage shows on my PBS station here in Mtr Cty area,,but havent seen them on for quite a while,,thats where I first saw this. I really like his scale run selections,,so melodic. His FB page is really cool,,he always posts stuff about his gear ect. Fun to watch. Theres so many greats out there to learn from,,he happens to be one of my top 5 I listen to,,Holdsworth,,EVH,,Joe S,,and others. Practice,,practice,,practice! is really what it takes to get to this level.

I actually bought the DVD (2005) of this one. It's the 1988 Austin City Limits performance.

Archived