Gibson Brands Forums

AC/DC pre Bon and Bon pre AC/DC

Rabs

I'd never seen the video with Dave Evans on vocals until the other week. Oddly I was looking up the same thing as you because I had been reading about AC/DC's early days. It kind of stops all those people saying Brain Johnson isn't as good as Bon because Bon was the original singer - when actually he wasn't. They went through quite a few drummers and bassists before their first stable line up with Phil Rudd on drums and Mark Evans on bass. Their first 1975 Australian release High Voltage (not to be confused with the interantion version of 1976) did not feature Phil Rudd or Mark Evand and Bon had only joined in late 1974 in time for recording. The first High Voltage has a totally different set of songs (except for 2) from the international version and even includes a love song called 'Love Song', which is quite bizarre to hear. It was included on Backtracks and that's where I first heard it.

I'd never seen the video with Dave Evans on vocals until the other week. Oddly I was looking up the same thing as you because I had been reading about AC/DC's early days. It kind of stops all those people saying Brain Johnson isn't as good as Bon because Bon was the original singer - when actually he wasn't. They went through quite a few drummers and bassists before their first stable line up with Phil Rudd on drums and Mark Evans on bass. Their first 1975 Australian release High Voltage (not to be confused with the interantion version of 1976) did not feature Phil Rudd or Mark Evand and Bon had only joined in late 1974 in time for recording. The first High Voltage has a totally different set of songs (except for 2) from the international version and even includes a love song called 'Love Song', which is quite bizarre to hear. It was included on Backtracks and that's where I first heard it.

I am firmly in the “Bon” camp and never took to Brian as much as Bon, though the band certainly made some good music with him.

Archived