Gibson Brands Forums

What, no Grammy bashing post?

saturn

The Grammy's?

I stopped watching television about five or six years ago.

I haven't been to the movie theater in over two years.

I haven't listened to pop music (or pop country music) radio in over a decade.

Every time I scan the computer for internet news on what's going on, and I see what sort of absurd nonsense like what happened at the Grammy's the other evening, my decision to stop

the 'entertain me' cycle

is confirmed.

I make my own entertainment just fine, thank you very much.

:-s

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched some of it because my wife and daughter had it on. I find it amazing that pop music has devolved into this. Not a memorable melody all night. Songs with the same beat and production with spoken lyrics from over dressed males while scantily clad female dancers gyrate. Hilary made a cameo. They all seemed to find her funny. I find her just sad. The country artist were the closest to real songwriting but couldn't name one of those songs either. Sting sang but he'll show up for any awards show for the anti-aging cream in the gift bag. U2 = image is everything. Bono sang into a bullhorn. Funny Stuff right there. I did see the ratings for this years show were the worst ever so they must be happy with that.

My wife is into all that Hollywood stuff, she watches the Grammy's every year and tells me who's who and who is married to who and their kids. I can care less. I never watch the Grammy's and don't care for most of these new actors out there.

I read a thing today and Quincy Jones bashed the sh-it out of Talyor Swift. Mucho respect for him. She is easy on the eyes, but I do not want to hear words coming out of her mouth except, yes Joel I will _ _ _ _ your _ _ _ _.

Thanks for raising the bar. All the woman in the forum can appreciate your honesty.

I don't even think I heard that story. Rust in Peace was definitely an excellent album, in my opinion. I liked it better than anything Metallica has ever done. In fact, I like the original Queen version of Stone Cold Crazy better than the Metallica version. Metallica's version of Turn The Page by Bob Seger makes me cringe every time I hear it.

Yeah, it's one helluva record. Plus it's got my favorite Mustaine rehab story. Marty had just joined the band, and started laying down solos. Mustaine went right back to the clinic he'd been discharged from just months earlier. Allegedly, he was asked "what, mr. Mustaine? Heroin again? Alcohol? Coke?" And as much as I want to believe this story, I still doubt it, but I've heard that he said "No. New lead guitarist."

He has an incredibly fragile ego for someone who's basically a surgeon, but with a Jackson in place of a scalpel. He's incredible, plus he re-wrote the book on heavy metal rhythm guitar. Damaged childhood, I suppose. You'd think millions and millions of dollars plus the unanimous praise of everyone who's ever palm-muted a riff would be enough.

It's something that irks even me, who's a huge fan. I have a problem with people who have everything and then whine. I love him and want to have his babies, but you can't get around the fact that he's whined a lot.

On the other hand, it was perfect for Kerrang! interviews. Mustaine certainly was an entertainer in the press.

You're absolutely right... I have no idea at all. Couldn't even relocate my family to Nashville to try and launch my daughter's country career, which as of now consists of her re-booting "I thought I knew it all" by Megadeth.

That sounds a tad bitter, but that's not the case. I know a lot of Dave's stuff, because even if he'd cried out "my net worth is only a third of Hetfield's!" in "Some kind of monster" he'd still be one of a very ******* select group of guitar players who re-invented distorted guitar playing.

And I like a bit of cabaret. I thoroughly enjoyed all his classic 80s interviews. Kerrang! was three or four bucks on import - better be some drama.

Archived