Gibson Brands Forums

Hmm cracks appearing

blindboygrunt

Thats one mother of a case bite or gouge...

Would the appropriate repair be black laquer?

Case bite...I like that term. I had a bad

case(!) of it once. Picked up my case by the handle

with all latches open.

Case bite...I like that term. I had a bad

case(!) of it once. Picked up my case by the handle

with all latches open.

Respect the ability of the case to bite, though it was not the case, here.

When the night is going on, it's best to always count to seven when putting it in, or taking it out. The guitar. The case, that is.

My oldest, a 2004, has lived 99.44% of its life outside the case - hanging on an interior wall when not being played. Played a couple of times a week.

Absolutely no damage, neglect, wear and tear. Same applies to the other two, though they're 'younger'.

I guess there's two schools of thought on "To Case, or Not To Case, That Is The Question."

My oldest, a 2004, has lived 99.44% of its life outside the case - hanging on an interior wall when not being played. Played a couple of times a week.

Absolutely no damage, neglect, wear and tear. Same applies to the other two, though they're 'younger'.

I guess there's two schools of thought on "To Case, or Not To Case, That Is The Question."

A lot of that depends on where you live, and who lives in the house. Our house is very dusty--it seems to be a permanent construction site--so you wouldn't want to leave a guitar out.

The other thing, of course, is what happens when your teenage grandson (or son) brings his shredder buddy into grandpa's study (when he isn't there), and the shredder wants to play some death metal on your J-200 hanging on the wall?

Cases are safer. It's also like Christmas every time I open a guitar case. I get to ooh and aah all over again.

Cases are a wonderful invention. They fight the inevitable buildup of dust, provide a degree of protection from relatively sudden temp and humidity changes, deter visitors who don't play from the impulse to admire your guitars 'hands on', let pets romp through the house w/o having to worry about collisions, keep children's idiot friends from trying out guitars that are worth more than some of their parents' cars, avoid accidental bumps and spills that nobody will admit to causing, don't let guitars broadcast their presence to people you trust who might have friends that you wouldn't. Besides, I like cases😒

Archived