Gibson Brands Forums

The Midnight Special

Californiaman

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the band.

After watching the Midnight Special performance I found one from Live on the Late show with David Letterman.

You can tell the difference a few decades had on the band. Journeyman musicians now.

This is a killer band doing what they do best right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t-HisvlzBc

Jesus H two of my favorite songs, from when they were new and we tore. them. up:

Holy crap, man this just makes yer knees buckle when you play it. God DAM I could play this every song in a set and be happy:

Frig you guys are killing me with real Aerosmith from when Aerosmith was friggin Aerosmith crap on a stick. Bogey's Circle Tavern and the old D1ck Lees Rock Club thank you.

Standing offer: Anybody, anywhere, anytime, you want to do these, I'll show up and kill it god dam I love this stuff.

rct

Jesus H two of my favorite songs, from when they were new and we tore. them. up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=394kUMWTygM

Holy crap, man this just makes yer knees buckle when you play it. God DAM I could play this every song in a set and be happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb1SquD3m5k

Frig you guys are killing me with real Aerosmith from when Aerosmith was friggin Aerosmith crap on a stick. Bogey's Circle Tavern and the old D1ck Lees Rock Club thank you.

Standing offer: Anybody, anywhere, anytime, you want to do these, I'll show up and kill it god dam I love this stuff.

rct

That is the good stuff.

That is the good stuff.

I had the pleasure of speaking to Mr. Perry on the phone, 2000ish? When he was making hot sauce. There was a number on the bottle and I called it and he answered, because he never thought anyone would actually call. So after a few minutes of pleasantries I told him that we still did them two, and of all their catalog they remained our favorites all these(at that time) 20 odd years later.

"yeah, me too you know, we still do them and I still look forward to them every night..." in awful Bahstin accent. That was his answer.

Couple years later we were lucky to run into him at Kasmir, an Indian restaurant on Newberry that happens to be his favorite(like I didn't know that [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] ). What a guy. He promised my Mrs him and I would play, but it never happened. Did I say What a guy? What a guy.

Every few months or so I hook up with some HIGH school guys and we're all pushing 60 now and you know the first two we do? Yup.

rct

I think Draw the line is a pretty cool album. I can listen to that straight through, although I'm kinda lukewarm on Kings and Queens.

I like it too.

Bright Light Fright and Get It Up are two of my favs. [thumbup]

Archived