Gibson Brands Forums

Molly Hatchet

Black Dog

I'm a fan of their old/original members. The band I saw last week was a disappointment.

The current trend of 70 and 80 and 90 year old rockers still schlepping around needs to stop. I am huge Yes fan and they are coming and I am not going to see a band that has exactly 0.0 original members. Yes, Aerosmith, The Stones et al to infinatum needs to stop. I will say one thing I am amazed that all the original member of Aerosmith (now a woosey ballad band) are still together and all are living.

I'm a fan of their old/original members. The band I saw last week was a disappointment.

Totally agree. It was the original lineup that was good. After that it went downhill fast. I think all the original members are dead now.

I was in a band called Sadie Grit. Unapologetic south jersey white trash Southern Rock band. I think the name pretty much indicates what our set lists looked like. Opened and closed with Flirtin. Good times. For about 8 months, year maybe. Burned out faster than it got hot.

rct

It was about 1976. I was living in a town called Warner Robins. It's about 15 miles south of Macon, Georgia.

I was 14 at the time and I notice these flyers up around town telling about a free concert in a strip mall parking lot.

The name of the band was Molly Hatchet.

Never had heard of them (of course) and thought their name was very strange. It made me want to see them.

The day of the show I rode over to the strip mall on my bike.

They played on a flat bed trailer. And they were really good.

I remember thinking, "I can't believe these guys are playing for free out in this parking lot".

And there was maybe only about 50 people in attendance.

It wasn't much longer, a year or two, and there I was one morning watching them on American Bandstand.

Couldn't believe it. :)

I still play their first two albums and like them a lot. [thumbup]

Archived