Gibson Brands Forums

Super Deal Epi LP Custom

Twang Gang

Just saw what I think is a great deal on an Epi LP Custom, Wine Red, binding all around, gold hardware, rosewood board, Grover locking tuners on sale at Sweetwater for $599.

It's made in China, and has a maple veneer top instead of full maple cap, but there's a demo and it's sounds good, and it looks great. Sweetwater always checks everything over pretty well before shipping and has a return policy so really no risk involved. If anyone is in the market this looks like one to jump on (they have 4 to choose from).

Sorry didn't copy a link to that specific guitar, but just go to Sweetwater.com and search the Epi LP Custom it's a Sweetwater exclusive so I don't think you'll find this configuration anywhere else.

Yes, nice guitar. [biggrin]

But I got my 2016 Gibson LP Studio last year for only $650

And it is way better than that guitar.

I think buying a new, year-old Gibby is the way to go.

I love mine.

I sold my old Epi LP a long time ago. :)

Here's the link ---> https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ENCTWRGH3--epiphone-les-paul-custom-pro-sweetwater-exclusive-wine-red

Grover seems to describe all of the Rotomatics as “locking” even when they are not what we conventionally think of as locking tuners

My little brother bought a set of Grover mini rotomatics on the premise that they were described as “locking”. What arrived was a regular set of Grovers, and after that we noticed that even regular rotomatics are incorrectly described as “locking”.

Just saw what I think is a great deal on an Epi LP Custom, Wine Red, binding all around, gold hardware, rosewood board, Grover locking tuners on sale at Sweetwater for $599.

It's made in China, and has a maple veneer top instead of full maple cap, but there's a demo and it's sounds good, and it looks great. Sweetwater always checks everything over pretty well before shipping and has a return policy so really no risk involved. If anyone is in the market this looks like one to jump on (they have 4 to choose from).

Sorry didn't copy a link to that specific guitar, but just go to Sweetwater.com and search the Epi LP Custom it's a Sweetwater exclusive so I don't think you'll find this configuration anywhere else.

What is the normal price of these?

I don't see anywhere that they say it has locking tuners. :-k

My error - I don't think they are locking. Looking at the back of the tuners they looked like locking to me when I first saw it, but looking at the top (front) they are not. My bad.

Archived