Gibson Brands Forums

New Joe Perry Sig Guitar

Rabs

Yeah distressing, road wearing, relicing, aging, whatever you want to call it was always a joke with me. If I buy a new guitar I want it to be new looking and I certainly will not pay more for someone to pre-abuse my guitar. But some people love that s-hit.

I don't understand it either. To me it's like buying a new car with scratches and dents installed by the manufacturer. But I guess as long as there is a market for that, manufacturers will make them.

I don't understand buying denim jeans with holes in them already either. But for that I understand the manufacturers' reasons. The jeans with holes in them already won't last as long as the ones you buy without them, so you will have to buy a new pair sooner making the company $$$.

But that doesn't work for guitars.

But on the other hand, if someone likes them that way, I don't see anything wrong with it either. It's just not for me.

I end up road wearing my guitars, but I'd rather they stay nice looking. But they don't and I accept the wear as a natural part of playing them on the gig a lot.

Notes

Archived