Gibson Brands Forums

Powerless.......

Buc McMaster

Still hacking a lot on the back side of whatever bug it was that kicked my tail.....still froggy of voice and have no power.....but it's like breathing.....I still gotta do this shite. This one seemed appropriate for the wimpy voice......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eHILkxyS7g

Oh and this snagged a copyright claim immediately......as in as soon as I clicked the button.

Still hacking a lot on the back side of whatever bug it was that kicked my tail.....still froggy of voice and have no power.....but it's like breathing.....I still gotta do this shite. This one seemed appropriate for the wimpy voice......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eHILkxyS7g

Oh and this snagged a copyright claim immediately......as in as soon as I clicked the button.

It sounded great, and I am loving the Big Sky Texas.

Thanks for allowing us to multitask, what with the ball game playing in the reflection, and all- try that on a natural top.

You are a trooper for going for those high notes, but allow the pipes to rest, too.

For those here who seem to be on the radar of YouTube police: would it be less likely to be flagged if the vid was just labeled "Gibson Blue Sky Hummingbird demo", or some such?

You ever tried singing Tom waits style ?

Will wreck your throat quicker than 20 cigarettes and half a bottle of cheap whisky

I'm not sure how he does it

Edit , I was asking 62burst not you buc , you sound like you've never had a ciggie or a whiskey in your life

Sheesh, BBG.........I did stop drinking whiskey 30 years ago but I still smoke a pack and a half a day.......the source I'm sure of much of my ills. What can I say.....I'm a hopeless addict.

And yes, 62, that was my beloved Astros kicking Ranger butt in the reflection.........Go 'Stros!

Thanks for listening, folks. Seems I'm as addicted to playing and singing as I am to the smokes.

You ever tried singing Tom waits style ?

Will wreck your throat quicker than 20 cigarettes and half a bottle of cheap whisky

I'm not sure how he does it

Edit , I was asking 62burst not you buc , you sound like you've never had a ciggie or a whiskey in your life

Yeah, I edited out the "you'll be singing all Tom Waits covers if you don't rest your voice" part because if someone was to listen at earlier examples, his voice was not as destroyed sounding as it is lately. There are even rumors that he purposely screamed into a pillow repeatedly to get his now-signature sound, but it might just be the all of the smokes and the bad whisky.

Tom's got a cool old L-? Gibson here:

Archived