Gibson Brands Forums

Utterly Epic Vintage Guitar Extravaganza

Rabs

Incredible collection all in one place.  I am not familiar with the two guys that were looking at them and playing them, but they seem like true guitar geeks, and basically after they played many of them, they were pretty much speechless.  They talked, but you could tell they were searching for words to describe the experience.  Pretty cool.

I visit Carters Vintage Guitars in Nashville  at least once a year.  Their inventory is very impressive as are the prices. Earlier this year Joe Bonamassa  bought a 1957 Flying V from Carters for 390K.  I had my eye on it, just a tad out of my price range by 389K.

5 minutes ago, Navy Vet. said:

I visit Carters Vintage Guitars in Nashville  at least once a year.  Their inventory is very impressive as are the prices. Earlier this year Joe Bonamassa  bought a 1957 Flying V from Carters for 390K.  I had my eye on it, just a tad out of my price range by 389K.

I just went there last last Thursday when I went to Nashville, it was like Heaven on Earth. Never played some many awesome guitars in such a short span, I only had an hour but I could’ve easily spent a whole weekend there.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TheLeadFlatpick said:

I just went there last last Thursday when I went to Nashville, it was like Heaven on Earth. Never played some many awesome guitars in such a short span, I only had an hour but I could’ve easily spent a whole weekend there.

The place blows my mind. I get dizzy just being there. This past May I went up to see The Who and dropped by Carters. Played a 1957 Les Jr single cut tobacco burst. They want 4800 for it. I couldn’t get that guitar out of my mind, even though the amp I was playing through quit working in the booth I was in. 

So I buy a 2019 tobacco burst.  Less money. 

• Upvote 2