Gibson Brands Forums

The Tribal V - Why Gibson?

Wonker

DSTVSWBK1-Finish-Shot.jpg

^

l

l

l

Are you kidding me Gibson? Really are you serious? BC Rich just called and want their crappy tribal graphics back!

Way to market a Limited Run Series restricted to just 350 guitars to trailer trash that can’t afford your Stupid markups. "The Gibson Tribal V" Coming soon to the musiciansfriend.com clearance section soon!

That happened to you Gibson? When did you become completely out of touch with what your Players/Owners want?

:)

:)

Paint over the body and headstock and I'd love it. A V with a khaler and no pickguard? That would be way better than the massive piece of plastic screwed onto the standard model.

exactly what i was thinking,

another thing,

why cant Gibson just make v's like this all the time?(except solid colors, this tribal sh!te is ugly)

i'd get one and paint it forest green...

i dont like the tribal graphics on it, thats already bc rich's sh**y style... :-({|= maybe flames would be cool...

but other than that i like it... i think gibson has gone too long without pleasing the metal fans of gibson. i mean all they have are the zakk wyldes and the explorer... maybe a good model of all the others with emgs and a nice bridge... but weve been left in the dark for too long. put in second place to the blusey rockers that gibson formed their guitars around in the 50's.

and noone thats used to gibson's quality would ever want to switch to ESP or IBANEZ or something... so i think this is a step in the right direction.

i dont like the tribal graphics on it' date=' thats already bc rich's sh**y style... :P maybe flames would be cool...

but other than that i like it... i think gibson has gone too long without pleasing the metal fans of gibson. i mean all they have are the zakk wyldes and the explorer... maybe a good model of all the others with emgs and a nice bridge... but weve been left in the dark for too long. put in second place to the blusey rockers that gibson formed their guitars around in the 50's.

and noone thats used to gibson's quality would ever want to switch to ESP or IBANEZ or something... so i think this is a step in the right direction.[/quote']

You make me feel smart .

I have to admit even though i love B.C. rich guitar i never did like the tribal **** (i like kerry king to!). But why cant gibson do more stuff with exploers, V's and firebirds. They always do SG and Les Paul!

i dont like the tribal graphics on it' date=' thats already bc rich's sh**y style... :P maybe flames would be cool...

and noone thats used to gibson's quality would ever want to switch to ESP or IBANEZ or something... so i think this is a step in the right direction.[/quote']

You dont have any idea what your saying do you...:) . Also ive seen many ppl switch from gibson to Ibanez/ESP/b.c.rich/fender and so on.

Hmm' date=' I happen to like the looks of that V. Guess I'm not so conservative or whatever.

But the reason I won't touch that thing is the construction error. The locking nut is missing.

[/quote']

It has locking tuners (and a graphite nut, which would still be necessary even if it had normal tuners and the Kahler 7513 "after the nut" Stringlock).

I concur' date=' cheeeeesssssyyyy graphics... but perhaps one step closer to having an "Axcess" version of each model????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/quote']

[-X No Axcess versions. No. No. NO. Sorry. I'm a Kahler whore. I find them easier to play, easier to changes strings, plus you don't have to remove all that wood from the guitar in order to install one. Plus Kahlers are so much prettier... please bring back the SG Special 400 and the Flying V 83 (only with mahogany body, not alder) [-o<[-o<[-o< ...

Hmm' date=' I happen to like the looks of that V. Guess I'm not so conservative or whatever.

But the reason I won't touch that thing is the construction error. The locking nut is missing.

[/quote']

haha well you have the opposite v as a profile pic... which means youll like any v =P~

haha well you have the opposite v as a profile pic... which means youll like any v +:-@

That's right, he he. Why only go for the same thing all the time? That's boooooring!

Oh, - and by the way, I happen to be very satisfied with my kahler explorer and kahler v which both happen to have locking nuts.

Oh' date=' - and by the way, I happen to be very satisfied with my kahler explorer and kahler v which both happen to have locking nuts.[/quote']

FR style locking nut or the Kahler that goes after the nut? (This is not an attack or anything, just asking out of curiosity since I had the Kahler Stringlock on my Squier Bullet Strat - before I torn it apart - and it worked perfectly well even without a graphite nut) Anyways, I was just saying that the guitar should work just fine with the locking Grovers and the graphite nut, and should have no tuning stability problems.

One love

Hmmm...

Do you know what would be awesome?

If they had a gold hardware (no emgs, REAL passive pickups), an ebony board with block inlays over a dark blue burst finish on a V... That would be pretty damn sweet...

Hmmm...

Do you know what would be awesome?

If they had a gold hardware (no emgs' date=' REAL passive pickups), an ebony board with block inlays over a dark blue burst finish on a V... That would be pretty damn sweet...[/quote']

no passive pickups =P~ they kill the sound. just get humbuckers and paint them gold idk.

=D> No Axcess versions. No. No. NO. Sorry.

I don't care what kind of wang bar (if any) they put on them, I'm really wishing Gibson would start building neck-thru/scalloped heel versions of the V, 137, 335, 135, SG, Explorer -- really, every model that's solid-body or at least has a solid centerblock.

FR style locking nut or the Kahler that goes after the nut? (This is not an attack or anything' date=' just asking out of curiosity since I had the Kahler Stringlock on my Squier Bullet Strat - before I torn it apart - and it worked perfectly well even without a graphite nut) Anyways, I was just saying that the guitar should work just fine with the locking Grovers and the graphite nut, and should have no tuning stability problems.

One love[/quote']

Here's a couple of pics. Hope they'll clarify your curiosity.

explorercs.jpg

V-GROUP1.jpg

DSTVSWBK1-Finish-Shot.jpg

^

l

l

l

Are you kidding me Gibson? Really are you serious? BC Rich just called and want their crappy tribal graphics back!

Way to market a Limited Run Series restricted to just 350 guitars to trailer trash that can’t afford your Stupid markups. "The Gibson Tribal V" Coming soon to the musiciansfriend.com clearance section soon!

That happened to you Gibson? When did you become completely out of touch with what your Players/Owners want?

[-(

#-o

Yeah' date=' I don't get it at all.[/b']

Archived