Gibson Brands Forums

2016 Epiphone ES339 Pro

bemb

I just bought a 2016 Epi ES 339, They List 2 different fret boards, does anyone know if this year epi would have a rosewood or a Pau Ferro board? Thanks for the help!

Edited by bemb
spelling error

11 hours ago, bemb said:

I just bought a 2016 Epi ES 339, They List 2 different fret boards, does anyone know if this year epi would have a rosewood or a Pau Ferro board? Thanks for the help!

IIRC the rosewood cites band started to really hit hard in 2017.   It's possible it's rosewood.   Maybe Rabs can chime in..

You should be able to tell the difference.  Pau Ferro, while it is considered a form of rosewood, I don't think it's as porous as Indian or Madagascar rosewood.  So if you had a guitar that you were sure had rosewood board to compare to, you could probably make the call.

Its kinda grainy so I think it is rosewood, needs a good cleaning and some fret doctor. The whole guitar needs care, someone installed pearly gates bridge and neck pickups so I do Like that,  well back to work on rewire and reset. Thanks for all comments, much appreciated!