Gibson Brands Forums

NZD

Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, rct said:

Sweet case.  Needs stickers.

rct

Voila. I clearly have more real estate and have work to do. I do have stickers on the back and sides of the acoustic cases. The bass so far is only on the front. When I traded and got my D-41, I told the owner I wanted to keep my D-35 case since I stickered up. The 41 would have came with a Geib case and I hate those. He had no issues and knocked a $100 off.

cD0ircl.jpg

Be7UKC9.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

4 minutes ago, labomba said:

1958 rca shp13 stereo record player  dual 45 watt all tube amps. Used to have it hooked to a pair of Bose 901's. Sold the speakers now  been sitting a few years and needs service runs a tad slow. But still sounds sweet as hell

IMG_1369.JPG

Cool looking. 

9 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Cool looking. 

Used to have a pretty descent blues catalog of old 78's but let the dollar signs get the best of me. Now I'm down to 2 33's lol and a bunch scratched up 45's from when I was a kid

Edited by labomba

6 minutes ago, labomba said:

Used to have a pretty descent blues catalog of old 78's but let the dollar signs get the best of me. Now I'm down to 2 33's lol and a bunch scratched up 45's from when I was a kid

I have a 1915 Edison Diamond Disc Phonograph, 1925 RCA Victrola and a mid to late 1920's Brunswick wind up phonograph. All work and I have record for all. The Edison I only have one record. It won't play anything but the diamond disc records made for it. All made in the great state of NJ. State of my birth.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I have a 1915 Edison Diamond Disc Phonograph, 1925 RCA Victrola and a mid to late 1920's Brunswick wind up phonograph. All work and I have record for all. The Edison I only have one record. It won't play anything but the diamond disc records made for it. All made in the great state of NJ. State of my birth.

Sweet. Always wanted an old Edison, ever since we went on a class trip to the Edison museum in e. orange. I was born there too. St. Marys in passaic. Lived in Lodi, Hackensack and Rochelle Park. Got out after a stint in the army

3 minutes ago, labomba said:

Sweet. Always wanted an old Edison, ever since we went on a class trip to the Edison museum in e. orange. I was born there too. St. Marys in passaic. Lived in Lodi, Hackensack and Rochelle Park. Got out after a stint in the army

I was born in Passaic General.  All my players are wooded cabinets and not the super cool looking one's with the big horn.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

7 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I was born in Passaic General.  All my players are wooded cabinets and not the super cool looking one's with the big horn.

Small world for sure. Those cabinets are getting hard to find in descent condition

53 minutes ago, labomba said:

Small world for sure. Those cabinets are getting hard to find in descent condition

All mine are in really good shape for something that is 100 years old and something that is approaching 100 years.

3 hours ago, Mr. Natural said:

It took me a while to come to like Lumpy Gravy.  I eventually came to appreciate it ... sort of.

I don't even know how to describe what it is. Two guys talking about cars and pigs and ponies and orchestral weirdness. I've made it through maybe  2 times total.  Uncle Meat 180 g vinyl came today. 

6 hours ago, 01GT eibach said:

Nice Raiders sticker ... 😎

raiders-Las-Vegas.jpg

Nice. Growing up in San Jose all my teams are from that area. I was a Warriors fan when they were getting the sh!t kicked out of them and they are this year. I was a Raiders fan when they moved to LA and will continue to be now that they are in Vegas.  If Brady goes to the Raiders I will not watch one Raider game next season.  The Sharks are not doing good this year. Over the past few years the A's have been doing good. My first A's game was in 1979.  I saw Vida Blue pitch against Phil Niekro, I think he as an Atlanta Brave.

Just ordered Sheik Yerbouti and One Size Fits All. Amazon says Sunday it will be at my house. I also ordered 2 sets of String Joy strings in my gauge. 11-52. I got one of each flavor (phosphor bronze and 80/20 bronze). The one thing cool about them is you can get a totally customized set and they cost exactly the same. They are $14 a set though. So if they sound just like Martin strings I won't get them ever again.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I want to order Freak Out! and Chunga's Revenge. Not sure if I should roll the dice and hit buy. Amazon Prime says if I order today it will be  here on Sunday All the other ones came in one to two days. No issues with that. But if work sends me home I want to head to SC where my wife is. I don't want two LP's sitting on the porch in a shipping box while I'm not here to get it. Or I could just stay here till Sunday till it comes then roll. 

13 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Good to see you decided to do the right thing and get them all.

Next week will be Roxy and Burnt Weeny. Now Gail lets get to You Are What You Is and Just Another Band From LA.