Gibson Brands Forums

The UN-Tele

Twang Gang

So I got an email from Fender this morning introducing the "Limited Edition Cabronita Telecaster".  Pretty different and a lot of stuff that doesn't seem very Tele like to me.  It has Alder body, maple neck, and rosewood fingerboard.  Two TV Jones humbuckers, a three way switch and volume control (no tone).  It comes in three finishes, a gold, a blue and a butterscotch.  It does have edge binding on the body but the blue and gold one are only painted on the front, the backs are natural.  The butterscotch looks the same front and back.

I'll try to attach a link.https://shop.fender.com/en-US/electric-guitars/telecaster/limited-edition-cabronita-telecaster/0170148778.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20200

Just wondering what anyone else thought about it.  Does include a hard case and only $1900 😱

It is my experience that when you give them guys that kind of money you are never, not ever, disappointed or sad, and you never regret it.  It's a great looking Tele object and if I had all the Tele objects I want I'd get ona them.

rct

• Thanks 1

Nothing like a Tele. I preferred mine in the classic Tele vein. 2 singles, tone, volume, and a 3 way. I do prefer a bridge where I can intonate each string separately instead of those double strings on a tree thing. Nowadays like a LP its anything the company that makes it wants to call it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I saw the same add and think it is a very cool guitar. I played a MIM Cabronita a few years back and really loved it.

If I wasn't in danger of having my cajones squished in a vice grip for getting another guitar, I would get one for sure. 😅