Gibson Brands Forums

My 2010 Les Paul

01GT eibach

I have never posted a picture of my Les Paul here.  I kinda think I am a bit overdue to do so ... so here goes

2010 Gibson Les Paul Standard Traditional Pro -- I believe after 2011, the word "Standard" was dropped from the Trad Pro official  model name.

It was purchased on 12/26/2010 brand new, the day after Christmas.  My wife bought me a red Ibanez that I was not that crazy about, so we went to Guitar Center to exchange it.  They had just put this guitar out (no one had played it).  I bonded with it instantly, and actually liked it over the Standard that was $400 more (plus got an additional $100 discount).  I was not familiar withe Trad Pro model, but instantly fell in love with its features.  It is a really fabulous-playing guitar ... magical.

- BurstBucker 3 and '57 Classic pickups with coil splits (uncovered zebras; I know a lot of people aren't crazy about zebras, but I always liked that look)

- Neck is solid mahogany with '60s profile, grade-A rosewood fingerboard (traditional truss rod) and a Corian nut

- Grover locking tuners

- Antique binding, period-correct pickguard,  vintage Gibson top-hat knobs, and MoP Gibson logo

- Mahogany body with a plain maple cap (top is finished in high-gloss lacquer, while the back, sides, and neck have a satin finish)

- Weight relieved (not chambered)

- PLEK setup and standard hardshell snakeskin case

0ToVnuh.jpg

hlgBfh4.jpg

JvAciHx.jpg

Edited by 01GT eibach

Nice I had this its a Trad Pro II. I see your GSW 2017 Champs hat. We had to wait a long time for that second one. I remember them winning in '73 or '74 when they had Rick Barry.

I8zbgED.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Very nice.  As others have said, plain tops are highly under-rated.  I have a 2003 LP Classic, plain top in Light Burst finish.  I think I’ve had as many compliments about that guitar as I’ve had about any of my flame tops.   

To all ... thanks for the nice words.  I appreciate it.  I will post some  new pics of my 79 SG Standard  when I can get around to it -- that is a pretty cool guitar.  And maybe some of my non-Gibsons at some point also.

(To Sgt Pepper: good catch on the Warriors)