Gibson Brands Forums

Request for J-180 Everly Brothers owners

michaelsegui

Bones, 'appreciate your caution, although not necessary in this case.  It would be great if you could help Michael out- maybe even a photo of the ruler laid across the fretboard (?)

Sorry I can't help you out on the info, Michael- I've seen the stars, just not in person.

QkDx1ER.png

7 hours ago, 62burst said:

Bones, 'appreciate your caution, although not necessary in this case.  It would be great if you could help Michael out- maybe even a photo of the ruler laid across the fretboard (?)

Sorry I can't help you out on the info, Michael- I've seen the stars, just not in person.

QkDx1ER.png

I love that one.   I was just showing it to my daughter last night.  That’s a lot of pearl stars to inlay!   

B0DA266A-B128-4178-A006-36E18B3000BC.jpeg

1 hour ago, michaelsegui said:

I plan on using a moustache bridge on the one I am building 

2696F090-4F49-442B-BFC6-27E0C27259A7.jpeg

Very nice. Some of those bridges look like a ribbon of rosewood, squeezed out from the baker's tool to put icing on a cake. . . so rounded & smooth. Some dense wood to work with when shaping like that.

Does it seem like a certain Utah collector is downsizing, or just rotating? The stars near the heel were a cool touch- like having a tattoo under the shirt for certain eyes only:

Ju0wr4o.png

Edited by 62burst

I cannot help your unsanctioned, unholy cause to which I am not sympathetic for obvious reasons. The proper way to take is your inquiring with the Gibson Custom Shop in regards to the information you are seeking; to my knowledge, the team there still have this very rare model of a J-180 in limited production for a Germany-based retailer. Perhaps you might even be able to order a J-180 Everly there and actually help aid in not putting the team out of work. I reserve my harsher words for a potential retort for the idiotic or deaf.

Edited by Leonard McCoy

56 minutes ago, Leonard McCoy said:

I cannot help your unsanctioned, unholy cause to which I am not sympathetic for obvious reasons. The proper way to take is your inquiring with the Gibson Custom Shop in regards to the information you are seeking; to my knowledge, the team there still have this very rare model of a J-180 in limited production for a Germany-based retailer. Perhaps you might even be able to order a J-180 Everly there and actually help aid in not putting the team out of work. I reserve my harsher words for a potential retort for the idiotic or deaf.

Why are you against a guy trying to build a guitar that is as you say " unsanctioned, unholy cause"?  Cause it might be shaped like a Gibson. One guy building a guitar is not going to put Gibson out of work. The Chinese have tried but people still buy Orville's guitars. If he is making it for himself. I have no issue. If he is going to build it and put Gibson on the head and try to sell it,  now that I'm against.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 4/23/2020 at 7:04 PM, michaelsegui said:

B0DA266A-B128-4178-A006-36E18B3000BC.jpeg

My D-41 has a lot of bling, but all I got is binding on the neck and headstock, abalone around the edge and gold tuners. That star guitar wins hands down.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Leonard McCoy said:

¡Much unholy and unsanctioned! Maybe equal to the having of website devoted to The Artist Known As where the Artist gets nothing but it admits to the use of the bootlegs, saying

All tablature material is the creation and own interpretation of its respective author working closely from the tapes, bootlegs of the songs and video reels of live performances for the utmost accuracy in terms of transcription.

Edited by Raul Rehlmann

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

If he is making it for himself. I have no issue. If he is going to build it and put Gibson on the head and try to sell it,  now that I'm against.

I have no plans on selling it or using a Gibson logo.

It will have my own name on the headstock.