Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Dirty Fingers

Pinch

I'm confused. Some guitars (The Gov. V and Explorer, the 2017 V) come with 2 DF humbuckers. 

Most sites list them as bridge pickups. Not all, though. Anderton's list them as "position: both". 

Are there really separate neck and bridge Dirty Fingers, or can I just order two of them and bung either one in either position? 

It's either that or 496r /500 t. Which I've never played. Advice? It's for rock/metal. I just can't get along with BB Pros. God knows I've tried every which way. 

Edited by Pinch

I have a 2003 Gibson LP Classic that came stock with the 496R/500T pickups.  I bought it specifically for harder, heavier music.  They are definitely hot.  A lot of people don’t like them, but I’ve never considered replacing them.  They fit a niche in my collection.

I don’t know much about Dirty Fingers pickups, other than they are even hotter than the 496R/500T set.

I have a Gov Explorer in Gray color with Green case(those are the 1st that came out}

They only made100 in Explorers and 100 in Vs

Yep the Neck and Bridge pickups are Dirty Finger Plus pickups.

Used the guitar less then 10 mins when I bought it when they first came out.

Its still in the case as new but have many other guitars that I use...…….JT

20 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Pinch, 

What is it that you don't like about the BB Pros?

Not warm enough for me . Too bright. Sounds like they're not trying hard enough. My 490r/t combo smokes them, and they're AlNiCo II. 

I've tried different heights. The bridge pup is, like, touching the strings, and it's still far from even resembling hot. Or rather, it's hot but tinny. 

Edited by Pinch