Gibson Brands Forums

This is my new $4299 guitar :(

Dm5av

7 hours ago, jvi said:

I think you need to "try before you buy", buying models because you like what you read about them dosnt work, LISTEN- PLAY.  then buy.

This is true, but it is not easy to try anything above a $2,000 guitar. They just don't have them local.
In any event, if I can give a good word bout Sweetwater, the guys there are incredibly reasonable. They do everything they possibly can do (within) reason, to help you find the guitar you want. I don't think they'd let you try each and every guitar in inventory, but they definitely understand that acoustics are unique.

I could not be happier with them.

I think I’ll end this thread here by saying... I freakin love this guitar.  I have a hummingbird coming to test but... I could never let this dove go now, regardless.

i have never... n-e-v-e-r had such a visceral reaction to an instrument. I went from hating this thing before I got it, to loving it once it arrived, to hating it again... and now I want to sleep with it in my hands. I’m sure a lot of that was simply me, the anticipation of getting a dove, which I have wanted for so, so long... but I swear this guitar has changed in the time I’ve had it, a week or so. Either that or I am just hearing it better, acclimating to it. 

I’ve found it’s boundaries better, but it still surprises me a little. It has a lot of volume if you’re careful about the attack.

the paint smell is mostly gone, just needed a day or two out of the case and it’s just so beautiful. I pretty much cannot put it down all day. Now it just has a hint of a vanilla smell, which you’re right - it’s wonderful.

this guitar must have been fresh off the factory. Kinda cool actually, despite all my protests.

i could never let this guitar go. It has magic. I hear that now. It just sings, all the string’s harmonies come together inside the guitar and it just simply sings. 
I love it.

tried to get a imgur type service, so you can see it. Hope it works.

thanks all.

https://ibb.co/LxmrdD0

That's a good shot, looks very nice.   I see the pickup controls there.

What is absolutely certain is that the guitar's tone  will definitely improve with age and playing. 

Some people also say changing the bridge pins which hold the strings in can have an effect - e.g. brass or bone instead of plastic.  Here- 

The experts all post in the acoustic section of this forum.

Best wishes!

Very nice guitar.  Congrats.  I’m glad to hear it has grown on you and you plan to keep it.  I’ve had a couple of guitars and basses over the years that I had doubts about when I first bought them, but in the end, I chose to keep them.  I still own each of them and am glad I chose to keep them rather than return them.

• 1 month later...