Gibson Brands Forums

Is this a real or fake J-45?

Gibson Artist

44 minutes ago, olie said:

Talk about a highjacked thread!

There are only a limited number of  type of posts. And we are in one of them. This sums up about 95% of all posts:

Is my guitar fake or real?

What strings / gauge, is / are the best for my guitar?

What is my guitar worth? Either I am asking for a friend, or I don't want to sell it, I just want to know.

What guitar (or other gear)  should I get?

NGD, (or other gear).

A this guitar vs. that guitar video clip demo. Usually a Gibson against another Gibson to compare and praise both or a Gibson vs. another manufacturer to dump on the non-Gibson. Not sure if I have ever seen someone say the non-Gibson guitar sounded better to them.

A clip of a personal performance.

A cute picture of a cat or kitty.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ksdaddy said:

"My grandfather died and we found a guitar in the attic and would like to know the value. It's an heirloom and we will never sell it but how much is it worth?"

And the photos show it laying on top of a jewelry counter at a pawn shop.

Yep.

9 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

There are only a limited number of  type of posts. And we are in one of them. This sums up about 95% of all posts:

Is my guitar fake or real?

What strings / gauge, is / are the best for my guitar?

What is my guitar worth? Either I am asking for a friend, or I don't want to sell it, I just want to know.

What guitar (or other gear)  should I get?

NGD, (or other gear).

A this guitar vs. that guitar video clip demo. Usually a Gibson against another Gibson to compare and praise both or a Gibson vs. another manufacturer to dump on the non-Gibson. Not sure if I have ever seen someone say the non-Gibson guitar sounded better to them.

A clip of a personal performance.

A cute picture of a cat or kitty.

And people never ever have anything to say about the problems they have with their Gibsons. Only praise. Never any threads about LIFTING PICKGUARDS, PICKGUARDS COVERING THE ROSETTE, ACTION TOO HIGH, CONFUSING MODEL NAMES, TOO MANY J45 MODELS, QUALITY CONTROL, PICKUPS INSTALLED THAT ARE UNWANTED, UNEVEN SUNBURSTS, GRAIN RUNOUT, GIBSONS BEING JUST TOO EXPENSIVE, OR A GUITAR THAT JUST DOESN'T SOUND GOOD.

You also forgot about the threads where someone constantly feels the need to post in defense of their non-Gibson guitar. Even though many of the people here also have a guitar or multiple guitars of that brand as well. But they're just here to mostly talk about Gibson guitars. And they know whose sandbox they're playing in.

Edited by JWG4927
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, JWG4927 said:

And people never ever have anything to say about the problems they have with their Gibsons. Only praise. Never any threads about LIFTING PICKGUARDS, PICKGUARDS COVERING THE ROSETTE, ACTION TOO HIGH, CONFUSING MODEL NAMES, TOO MANY J45 MODELS, QUALITY CONTROL, PICKUPS INSTALLED THAT ARE UNWANTED, UNEVEN SUNBURSTS, GRAIN RUNOUT, GIBSONS BEING JUST TOO EXPENSIVE, OR A GUITAR THAT JUST DOESN'T SOUND GOOD.

You also forgot about the threads where someone constantly feels the need to post in defense of their non-Gibson guitar. Even though many of the people here also have a guitar or multiple guitars of that brand as well. But they're just here to mostly talk about Gibson guitars. And they know whose sandbox they're playing in.

To many J-45 models? I though Gibson acoustic players only wanted J-45's to be made and nothing else. Maybe a SJ-200 every now and then just to throw a spanner in the gears.

As far as quality control. Now the lights are all on in the factory. I remember reading they stopped production on day and put lights in all the fixtures that were out. Safety, people, safety.

Complaining about action to high on a new guitar is silly. If you don't understand why, its not to hard to figure out. How does Gibson know that the guitar is coming to you and you like the action at 3/64th on the treble side and 5/64 bass side.

I've never heard of grain run out and had to look it up.

Gibson to expensive, nope. You just don't have a job that pays well enough. I kid I kid, In Gibson's defense Martins guitars are not cheap either, but they do have Mexican made ones that are a lot more affordable. Mine are made in the USA.

Yeah I talk about Martin's and take s-hit for it, but I'm a big boy and can handle it. I stopped playing in the sandbox about 48 years ago. I've owned my share of guitars made in Nashville and Memphis, when they were made there and one from Bozeman.

I own 6 acoustic guitars. Acoustic. Pickups are for electrics.

Opps, we touched on lifting pickguards, but we didn't mention flubber guards.