Gibson Brands Forums

Whatever happened to.....?

Whitefang

Hello;

I usually spend my time over on the Epiphone lounge, but many moons ago I used to split my time between the Epiphone forums and the Gibson forums.  And I struck an online friendship with a guy on the Gibson site who was a virtual(no pun intent) Gibson encyclopedia.  Went by the handle "Bobskippy".  A couple or so years ago e-mails to the address I had of his started getting returned as "Address invalid".    He even used to have a website that's now gone too.  So----

Does anyone here remember that guy?  And if anyone does, can you inform as to what's become of him?  Last I knew, he was trying to get into doing Stand-up.  

Thanks for your time;

Whitefang

4 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Hello;

I usually spend my time over on the Epiphone lounge, but many moons ago I used to split my time between the Epiphone forums and the Gibson forums.  And I struck an online friendship with a guy on the Gibson site who was a virtual(no pun intent) Gibson encyclopedia.  Went by the handle "Bobskippy".  A couple or so years ago e-mails to the address I had of his started getting returned as "Address invalid".    He even used to have a website that's now gone too.  So----

Does anyone here remember that guy?  And if anyone does, can you inform as to what's become of him?  Last I knew, he was trying to get into doing Stand-up.  

Thanks for your time;

Whitefang

No clue. I wonder the same about Capmaster. I hope he's okay. Got a lot of good advice from him when I first came here. 

I don’t think the dates from that time period are very accurate on this site. I joined around 2006 here and there was a big forum crash some time around 2008 maybe. It used to say the date each member joined the forum and I remember the date on my page changed by a couple years when the forum crash happened 

59 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

I don’t think the dates from that time period are very accurate on this site. I joined around 2006 here and there was a big forum crash some time around 2008 maybe. It used to say the date each member joined the forum and I remember the date on my page changed by a couple years when the forum crash happened 

Thats right. I had been a member since about 2003 and something happened and all the old posts were lost. There were some great people here back then. May have been a format change that contributed to that. 

Actually, it was before 2000 I recall communicating with him(and others) on the Gibson boards.  And shortly after the new millennia started several other forums went through some radical changes, losing membership after that. 

But thanks for all replies offering help.  I appreciate it.  Bobskippy was a nice guy and I hope he's OK.

Whitefang