Gibson Brands Forums

Inventor of the cassette tape passes away

SteveFord

I saw The Dead 14 times. All with Jerry, not that after market stuff they recently schlepped around.  I was at the show below. I was at all 3 nights in Mountain View. 23 days later I was doing push ups in Navy bootcamp.

The other guitarist in a band I was in(back in '68)  worked at a place called "The House Of Sound" which mostly dealt with citizen band and ham radio sets.  They also started selling those little portable cassette players and blank tapes.  The guy I mentioned got one and used to record our sessions with it.  I really never cared that much for 8-track tapes, and was tickled pink when cassette players for cars and pre-recorded cassette tapes hit the market.  Me and another friend were one of those "pirates" who would buy an LP, record it to the cassette and return the record to the store as defective.   [wink]  Heh.  In the '80's into the early '90's my daughter had already amassed  enough cassettes to cover an entire room's wall.

RIP to the inventor.  

Whitefang

Edited by Whitefang