Gibson Brands Forums

New guitar, which to get??

Chrose1201

So I have been on the hunt for a new to me LP. I do like a 60's slim taper neck and so I like the Standard. GC has a Trad Pro V which had a nice neck but I don't need or want push/pull pots frankly. Plus it's a GC exclusive, I would rather have a Gibson made for us and not for a company if you know what I mean.

I have found 2 guitars at a virtually equal price. And one a little more costly. Of the 2, one  is a 2021 Standard in Bourbon Burst. Very pretty, just under $2k, the other is a 2006 Les Paul Studio Premium Plus no burst in more or less a Maple finish also just under 2k. This one looks very, very similar to the real version of my very first guitar which was a WMC LP copy, likely made b y Univox. So that is kind of cool in and of itself. The 3rd one is a 1991 Heritage Burst in very good shape for just a few hundred more. Any opinions?

LP Comparison.jpg

Edited by Chrose1201

They are all very nice..

I would probably go for the Studio.. Far more rare than either of the others..  But no one can tell you really.. You would really need to play them all first to know properly.. I also have a dark burst Classic so I have that slot filled.. 

Oh well never mind Bourbon Burst sold 😄 FWIW

* Bridge pickup: Burstbucker 61T humbucker

* Neck pickup: Burstbucker 61R humbucker

There also a 2001 Standard flame burst. In good shape but shows the wear of a 20 year old guitar, which I am ok with too

9 hours ago, Rabs said:

They are all very nice..

I would probably go for the Studio.. Far more rare than either of the others..  But no one can tell you really.. You would really need to play them all first to know properly.. I also have a dark burst Classic so I have that slot filled.. 

Sadly there is no way of doing that, they are scattered around the country!