Gibson Brands Forums

the demo shop...

JOMcKJr.

So, At age 5 years I played my Uncle Vernon's Les Paul And my uncle Herbs Strat.

It was 1961 The Paul was a dark Burst maybe 1957 as it was from a pawn shop the strat who cares.

The Demo shop on Reverb seems a way to boost sales without dropping the price for used American Standards.

I have owned several over the years .But now .... Printing Demo on a used Standard or Custom seems 

Just wrong , The money seems wrong if you burn the resale value in this manner.

Also, If a Chinese copy can do book-matched  Maple tops for 300 dollars. why pay for something.

Devalued With Demo And a Hinky top grain Also. Which Gibson's are American.

There's Korean Single cuts At 1300. with Ebony fret boards and EMI's Locking tuners.

Tusc nuts and so on. Why sell nostalgia then degrade the product I welcome anyone's Opinion .

36 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

It's like their version of a scratch and dent sale along with old stuff from the previous ownership.

Do they have any Martin's? I was playing my 28V yesterday. Its time for a string change this weekend.

Since you asked for opinions, I'll give you mine.

In my opinion, you should learn how to write in clear, coherent sentences, and use punctuation. I've read your original post twice, and still have no idea what you are talking about.

RBSinTo

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

Since you asked for opinions, I'll give you mine.

In my opinion, you should learn how to write in clear, coherent sentences, and use punctuation. I've read your original post twice, and still have no idea what you are talking about.

RBSinTo

It's a secret guitar code we don't yet understand and we have not cracked yet. We need The Windtalkers to clue us in.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper