Gibson Brands Forums

Blingless Bird?

SecondCity

35 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I’d be cool with that. Did you see them on Moving Pictures, Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows in the Bay Area. I did. Then I saw them 5 more times not in the Bay Area.

Yes, I saw RUS H on Moving Pictures in Oakland w/ FM opening.  Then again in Sacramento on the Presto tour.  For Presto, I was first row, right in front of Geddy.  However, all I could hear was his bass ... no vocals, no guitar, no drums ... as in NONE.  For being first row, it was just horrible.  I was not even sure what songs they were playing.  I did not get back on the Rush live train until 1997's Test For Echo tour, and never missed a tour of theirs thereafter -- sometimes seeing them multiple times on a given tour.  Test For Echo was also their first using the "an evening with Rush" format with no opening act, the extended setlists, intermission, etc.  It was also their fist tour since Permanent Waves to play 2112 in its entirety.  

19.jpg

Edited by 01GT eibach

25 minutes ago, 01GT eibach said:

Yes, I saw RUS H on Moving Pictures in Oakland w/ FM opening.  Then again in Sacramento on the Presto tour.  For Presto, I was first row, right in front of Geddy.  However, all I could hear was his bass ... no vocals, no guitar, no drums ... as in NONE.  For being first row, it was just horrible.  I was not even sure what songs they were playing.  I did not get back on the Rush live train until 1997's Test For Echo tour, and never missed a tour of theirs thereafter -- sometimes seeing them multiple times on a given tour.  Test For Echo was also their first using the "an evening with Rush" format with no opening act, the extended setlists, intermission, etc.  It was also their fist tour since Permanent Waves to play 2112 in its entirety.  

19.jpg

FM was killer. I love the album Black Noise.

9 hours ago, 01GT eibach said:

19.jpg

Here is a pic from the Moving Pictures Tour form the night I was there. I did not take the pic. Ged was at that time still using his Ric  4001. I think this was taken during the encore.

hlKy1dW.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

21 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

The Horror of it all

That’s the best guy can do who lives in a country with the a county the worlds best Army.

I’m going to tell the future. I’m going to get another sad emoji.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 6/13/2021 at 11:16 AM, fortyearspickn said:

Gibson also use to make a  "Hummingbird Pro"  marketed exclusively by/for Guitar Center,  which was no more like a hummingbird than a duck is.   The old Epi H'Bird was nowhere close in sound or feel, just an Asian Copy.  I don't know about the 'new and improved version'  but I doubt it would be comparable to the real thing.   Different wood, body depth - Gibson can call them  Hummingbird pro or studio or wannabe,  but you'll always feel short changed.  My suggestion.  Scour the internet for a used one.    G'Luck.  

Exactly!  Lots of pretenders to the throne, but only one queen.