Gibson Brands Forums

Look what fell in my lap

JOESTONE

This guy comes over to my home office to pick up some work I did for him and sees a bunch of my guitars here and there. He asks if I know anything about old guitars. His dad just passed away and he inherited this guitar. After he went home and emailed me a picture, I told him it was worth more than I could afford to give him for it. What's the chance of it being a CF100E like the one I own? He said he didn't care about getting what it was worth, and seeing how excited I was over it, let me have it for a fraction of it's worth.

This guy comes over to my home office to pick up some work I did for him and sees a bunch of my guitars here and there. He asks if I know anything about old guitars. His dad just passed away and he inherited this guitar. After he went home and emailed me a picture' date=' I told him it was worth more than I could afford to give him for it. What's the chance of it being a CF100E like the one I own? He said he didn't care about getting what it was worth, and seeing how excited I was over it, let me have it for a fraction of it's worth. [/quote']

Ummm... :- Did uh... :-k anyone take a gander at the calendar?

He said he didn't care about getting what it was worth' date=' and seeing how excited I was over it, let me have it for a fraction of it's worth. [/quote']

Congratulations and take good care of this guitar, for may be these are not his words, but his father's from the sky?...

Joe, that's a gorgeous brace of CF100Es you have there.

I have long been intrigued about them, but have never found one to try out. How do they sound and play? Are the back and sides Hog or Maple?

Thanks Jinder,

The back and sides are Hog. It's not loud acoustically, but offer a well balanced mellow tone . Very slim neck, plays easy for finger picking or hard strumming. Being a Beatles freak, I play Blackbird every time I pick it up and also strum through All My Lovin, or I Want to Hold Your Hand. I find it very versatile. When plugged into my mixer through the PA it sounds great! They are hard to come by for sure. Cheers :-k

Archived