Gibson Brands Forums

Expect more shortages and delays

sparquelito

That last storm that hit Omaha, way back knocked a limb off our neighbors tree, busting the meter box pole off our house.  We heard it also destroyed a ton of other homes as well. They couldn't get enough parts for everyone as shipments were held up. We had to wait nearly 4 months to get ours fixed. Fortunately, OPPD came and at least put the wires back up. 

• Like 1

Weather has a hard time competing with Sports and the “if it bleeds it leads” News.    So the networks ask their local affiliates to send them any clips they can get of violent weather, with the winner aired every night.  On slow (weather) news days, they go further afield.   
I didn’t hear about the storm in Omaha.  I think there was a blizzard in UK that stranded 40 people in a pub on top of a mountain for several days. Happy Hours ! 

Here in UK second hand car prices are going up and up and the price of new cars is coming down. All supply and demand.

Food and clothing prices are up too. The stores blame the pandemic, shortage of supply due to shortage of staff as all the East Europeans have returned home since we came out of the EU.  Well the answer is ...with democracy you get the government you deserve.  We spent years trying to get into the EU then forty years latter we want to be out. It's our children who will suffer but then they should have got out of bed and voted.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Weather has a hard time competing with Sports and the “if it bleeds it leads” News.    So the networks ask their local affiliates to send them any clips they can get of violent weather, with the winner aired every night.  On slow (weather) news days, they go further afield.   
I didn’t hear about the storm in Omaha.  I think there was a blizzard in UK that stranded 40 people in a pub on top of a mountain for several days. Happy Hours ! 

I forget dates after a bit. I asked Debbie if she remembered when that storm hit? It knocked trees down and limbs off trees all over Omaha. Power lines were down. That was August 25. And they just got around to fixing it in December. He had to shut off our power to do it for 4 to 5 hours. Now are refrigerator, that's still under warranty won't turn back on, Lol. 

Deb had to go through it and throw out all the food in it.  Might be a few weeks to get the service guy to come? There's always good things that happen with disasters though.  We finally found a replacement restaurant to go to as all the ones we used to go to shut down.  The food was great and the prices were descent. 

• Like 1