Gibson Brands Forums

I was informed last night that.

Retired

21 minutes ago, Retired said:

I used to have photo bucket also & it worked. What's messenger? Is that part of Facebook? I got off that years ago as I couldn't stand all the bickering and fighting. (Mostly from all the Railroad workers who were my friends.)  I have an Imgur account but troubles getting in my photos. 

I got nothing then....I'm not all that versed in this stuff... heck, when I went to college, there wasn't a computer in the whole school....we have have terminals that were hooked up to a computer at UC Berkeley..that was it!

Some trivia I came across today:

The best-known use of the Rhodes fuzz was in the Ventures’ 1962 hit The 2000 Pound Bee. This single is generally accepted as the first recorded use of fuzz in a rock ’n’ roll song. I don’t know about you, but I find it deliciously ironic that country music popularized fuzz first, not rock ’n’ roll. Nokie Edwards played guitar on the track and also used the Rhodes fuzz on albums like Walk Don’t Run (1964) and Live in Japan (1965).

From this page:

https://guitar.com/features/opinion-analysis/deleted-scenes-of-guitar-history/

Yeah, my step brother had one of those LPs.  I found his interesting in how to learn the basics of a few of their songs.  And by the way....

Is anybody else here familiar with that "base" guitar thing?  And when it was stopped being used?

Whitefang

12 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Yeah, my step brother had one of those LPs.  I found his interesting in how to learn the basics of a few of their songs.  And by the way....

Is anybody else here familiar with that "base" guitar thing?  And when it was stopped being used?

Whitefang

You talking about the Fender VI? If so it was half bass, half guitar with 6 stings and Fender stopped production on them in '75. You see it all over the Get Back doc. If Mosrite - nevermind.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper