Gibson Brands Forums

Pizza

Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I try. It took me eating a lot of pizza with c-rappy dough before I got it down. I watched Bobby Flay on Food Network one night make dough and said "I can do that". I was in the Army Exchange one day and one of those killer Kitchen Aid mixers was on sale. Snatched it up. My wife can make killer Chocolate Chip Cookies with it.

That kitchen aid mixer will last a lifetime, I think I bought Karen’s in 1993, and since she’s 100% German it gets used quite a bit. Germans have an affection for dough.

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Vodka works too.

That's been a while. The hangovers these days... I'll tie one on every six months, because that's how long it takes me to forget the horrors of the last hangover. 

I'm thinking of taking up not binge-drinking. 

1 hour ago, Pinch said:

That's been a while. The hangovers these days... I'll tie one on every six months, because that's how long it takes me to forget the horrors of the last hangover. 

I'm thinking of taking up not binge-drinking. 

I gave up binge drinking in 1989. I drank so much I passed out driving, fortunately my guardian angel is always on standby.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Retired said:

La Casa makes there's, rectangular.  Guess its not the shape but the Taste that matters! Deb makes a very tasty home made pizza.  The Best Part is; "I can go sit down and wait for it and then we both eat! Haha.

Taste is what matters.

• Like 1

The closest I came to having homemade pizza was when our nephews were still young enough to have to sell those Little Caesar's home kits for school football fundraisers.  

They never turned out too bad.  Not great, but still edible. 

Whitefang

Pizzerias are so all over the map here I'm not really sure there IS a "Detroit style" pizza.  The biggest names here are BUDDY'S,  PAPA ROMANO'S,  and HAPPY'S,  and they're pretty much similar.  Then there's the chain's like DOMINO'S (which I never liked) And LITTLE CAESAR'S (which is OK,  but not great).  and a whole slew of "local" pizzerias which people in those regions consider the "best". 

The deep dish pie I tried when in Chicago some years back didn't really impress me that much.  Sure, it was tasty,  but not "Earth shaking" great.

Whitefang

37 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Pizzerias are so all over the map here I'm not really sure there IS a "Detroit style" pizza.  The biggest names here are BUDDY'S,  PAPA ROMANO'S,  and HAPPY'S,  and they're pretty much similar.  Then there's the chain's like DOMINO'S (which I never liked) And LITTLE CAESAR'S (which is OK,  but not great).  and a whole slew of "local" pizzerias which people in those regions consider the "best". 

The deep dish pie I tried when in Chicago some years back didn't really impress me that much.  Sure, it was tasty,  but not "Earth shaking" great.

Whitefang

I have been to Chicago many times and had real Chicago style pizza, funny thing the best Chicago Style pizza I ever had was in Petaluma, CA at a place called Old Chicago. Man after 2 slices you are toast and need to be rolled out in a wheelchair.

For lunch today your guessed it LO Pizza.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

8 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Taste is what matters.

Debbie & I were in South Dakota on vacation about 30 some years ago with our son.   Anyway, we tried a pizza shop there in the Black Hills and we all loved that taste of whatever they did to it.  Two years back, we decided to go again and take the  2 grandkids  to the Hills. That Pizza shop was still there and the owner. We got talking to him and their pizza was still the same. So we ate there twice with the kids and they loved it too.