Gibson Brands Forums

NUSWD & NUVD

Sgt. Pepper

Today is gonna be New Used Sub Woofer Day. Bought a used Polk Audio 8" powered sub. Its nothing like what Steve Ford has, but it will do. I'm gonna test it out on Yes - Close To The Edge in 5.1 surround sound. Then King Crimson - Discipline, and then one of the 50th Anniversary Beatles Giles Martin Remix's in 5.1. Maybe Abbey Road. 

Its also New Used Vinyl Day. I got Gerry Rafferty - Night Owl . I think it was $5. I love City To City and have that on vinyl as well. A few days ago in a store for $5 each I got ELO - Out The Blue, ELO - Discovery and Kansas - Song For America on vinyl. Discovery and Song were damn near mint. Out Of The Blue, the cover is a little scared, but the vinyl was clean.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

Do you have an outlet nearby where you can get used vinyl?   Thrift shops are the only place 'round my vicinity that I know of.

Polk does (did?) make some excellent audio speakers, so I don't think you'll be disappointed.  I almost went with Polk in late '90's, but found a better deal on Miller & Kreisal. 

Whitefang

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Do you have an outlet nearby where you can get used vinyl?   Thrift shops are the only place 'round my vicinity that I know of.

Polk does (did?) make some excellent audio speakers, so I don't think you'll be disappointed.  I almost went with Polk in late '90's, but found a better deal on Miller & Kreisal. 

Whitefang

There was a store 1 mile from my house called American Oldies. I was there all the time. With new world order he decided to close and sold all his stuff to a store in Richmond. I go to a place called 2nd And Charles. They have a selection of new and used and I can usually find one or two things that interest me. The best store around here now is in Virginia Beach. I forget the name. VB and Richmond are both about an hour away. One I have to deal with tunnel traffic by the Navy base and the other is maybe a 15 minute longer drive.

I have Polks in my Man-Cave. 2 tower speakers and 2 bookshelf monitors That system is Denon and was from the late 80's before Surround Sound was out and 100% stereo. In the bedroom where the Surround Sound is, I have a mix of Polk and Klipsch. The front speakers are Klipsch book shelf monitors, and rear speakers are bookshelf Polks. The sub and center speaker are Polk. My Polk Towers I got right before the first Persian Gulf War and the Denon stuff I bought before and after the war. 

• Like 1