Gibson Brands Forums

In Search of Knowledge

pwclements71

I am in need of information regarding a what appears to be a Maestro guitar but there are no markings on the inside to verify that it is.  I have searched the internet to no avail.  Here is the information I have currently.  It is a Maestro acoustic electric 7 string fretless guitar.  Here is what throws me off about this guitar.  The headstock is not an open book head stock, the body is shaped somewhat like a telecaster, the sound "hole" is cut slots with an F in the middle placed where the normal sound hole is placed, and the preamp appears to be a cheap EQ-7545R.  Any information about this would be great, even if it is pointing me somewhere else.

278062024_310930934508039_6294632108159278492_n.jpg

On 4/14/2022 at 8:36 PM, pwclements71 said:

I am in need of information regarding a what appears to be a Maestro guitar but there are no markings on the inside to verify that it is.  I have searched the internet to no avail.  Here is the information I have currently.  It is a Maestro acoustic electric 7 string fretless guitar.  Here is what throws me off about this guitar.  The headstock is not an open book head stock, the body is shaped somewhat like a telecaster, the sound "hole" is cut slots with an F in the middle placed where the normal sound hole is placed, and the preamp appears to be a cheap EQ-7545R.  Any information about this would be great, even if it is pointing me somewhere else.

Are you simply idly curious, or are you planning on purchasing this guitar?

This is important because you haven't mentioned how it plays or sounds, which to me, would be the most important considerations.

RBSinTo