Gibson Brands Forums

THE FOX

tpbiii

About 15 years ago, I set up an acoustic audio/video faithful reproduction system originally intended to demo the tone of vintage guitars. My late wife and  had lots of musical instruments, knew lots of songs, and had lots of friends and we loved variety.  So I later added a green screen and used the system to listen to lots of combinations -- 1000s.  Well that is now sort of all that is left of those years.  When I was seeing if there were any recordings of FOX ON THE RUN, this recording of THE FOX showed up.  It was one of the few recordings that used our 1935 ROY SMECK RADIO GRANDE, so  thought someone here might be interested.

Tom

• Like 4

Legacy - a perfect description.  I've not heard this classic in decades.  I'm reminded of the debt we owe to those folks who went into the mountains and valleys to find and record the artists who had been carrying forward the musical traditions brought over from Europe which were like time capsules in the dells and dales.  Pure music of the people.:  "folk music"  was a catch all that included  gospel, sea chanteys, cow punchers, chain gangs, railroad building.   Yep -  LEGACY !     Thank you TPBill. 

3 hours ago, Salfromchatham said:

Tom, may your dear wife’s memory always bring you smiles. Thank you for sharing her with us. (And your instruments !)

Thanks.  She was shy, but we played music together for more that 50 years.  She also was very funny == and unpredictable.  This was spontaneous and I had no idea  she might do this.

You are right -- it makes me smile.

Edited by tpbiii
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

Those are simply wonderful!   What great memories you have.

I think anyone would enjoy sitting around somewhere, sipping an 'adult beverage' listening to you two!

God Bless your sweet wife.....looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

We did.  Here are 200+ videos in which she played and sang.   Remember these are best described as practice to see how we sounded.

https://vimeo.com/showcase/7165735

Edited by tpbiii
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tpbiii said:

We did.  Here are 200+ videos in which she played and sang.   Remember these are best described as practice to see how we sounded.

https://vimeo.com/showcase/7165735

I always say, music is not a competition.... I like to listen to good players, good songs, and simply good feelings.    Yo Yo Ma said he endeavored to play a "perfect concert"  because he thought he could...about half way through, he realized he was bored to death.... so he plays not for 'human perfection' but for 'human connection'.

• Like 1