Gibson Brands Forums

French First Lady gets a H-Bird from USA First Lady!

Taylor Player

I just saw this little piece of information on a thread at the Acoustic Guitar Forum and thought this would be a great place to share it!

This story just out:

American First Lady Michelle Obama presented France’s First Lady, Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, with a Gibson Hummingbird acoustic guitar “as a sign of friendship” over the weekend. The two first ladies met for the first time on Friday afternoon when President Barack Obama and his wife visited French President Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife at French Palace Rohan in Strasbourg, France.

The Gibson Hummingbird apparently hit the right chord with Mrs. Bruni-Sarkozy, as the Mrs. Obama’s office reported that the two women really hit it off and enjoyed a private lunch together that lasted for more than one hour.

Mrs. Bruni-Sarkozy is a former model, and is also a singer/songwriter. She has released three albums, the last of which, As If Nothing Happened, was released in July 2008. She plays acoustic guitar on many of her songs.

Now I had heard of Carla Bruni but had never seen a photo and as much as I wish she were holding the Gibson H-bird... This is a pretty good shot of one HOT first lady!

CarlaBruni.jpg

The same thread had this great shot of Kate Vogele holding a Gibson... Mmmmmmmm Nice guitar!

KateVogele.jpg

And for GG.... another of my new favorite female guitar players who is all about the Gibbys!

gillianwelch.jpg

I used to have a great Sheryl Crow photo but can't seem to find it. She was also holding a Gibson... Who has any other great photos of players and their Gibsons? (It's OK to post a guy with a Gibson too as long as the Gibson looks good! lol.........

That is a great' date=' great story! Thanks for posting.

They are both very hot first ladies.[/quote']

Yeah... makes me wish I had gone into politics.....

Wait, most politicians are a-holes so I will retract my statement.

New statement.... Makes me glad I play guitar! :D

Now that I've seen the original pic...just what exactly is she doing with her other hand?

He is playing the chord with his left hand as she is strumming with her right.

I always had wondered about her having a big "Man Hand" on her left hand in my Avitar until I saw the original photo.

That's the only thing I can say H has done right! What's up with the Ipod to the Queen? Made in China, I suspect. How is that a gift from us, U.S.? The H'Bird is spot on.

We can now add the French First Lady to our list famous guit tar players what aren't famous for playin' guit tar.

I suspect The French lady looks better sportin' the H'Bird than H does anyways.

Yeah... makes me wish I had gone into politics.....

Wait' date=' most politicians are a-holes so I will retract my statement.

New statement.... Makes me glad I play guitar! =P~ [/quote']

Then I suspect a mandolin would be in order. If a "F" style mandolin has "F" holes, what does an "A" style mandolin have?

Is this the Sheryl Crow one you're thinking of? Bare feet on warm sandy rock........ beats the h*** out of bare feet on frozen dead grass (think Calgary)

SHERYL_CROW_2.jpg

Sandy Rock? I hadn't noticed. :-k

Sol.... where's the pic... or YouTube post of First Lady Carla and the H'Bird?

Karen... That is exactly the photo I was thinking of! Thanks for finding it!

I want to add another.... She is not a star yet, but she is to me! My daughter Kaitlin will be turning 15 on Wednesday next week. I figure by the time she is 21 she will be a star! (Even if she isn't, she still seems to like my newest aquisition!)

KaitlinBWLG1.jpg

KaitlinLG1-1.jpg

Paul' date=' I can't get that first picture to blow up, but that second picture shows a pretty, pretty young lady with talent at such a young age!! :-({|==D> =D> [/quote']

I had to go up to the "View" thing and change to normal and then it blew up. I like the first, I did black and white. She looks very retro!

Paul' date=' I didn't even know that View thing was there LOL That worked! I like the black and white photo even better. She looks like she's deep in musical thought.[/quote']

Thanks Karen.... She has really kind of taken to the Gibson. Funny cause she doesn't really seem to like the AJ that much. I thought it was the burst she didn't like, but I am guessing it is the size. She has always reached for my Taylor, but that was the guitar I purchased the year she was born and she knows it is her's someday. But over the last week, she has gone in and grabbed my LG1 instead even though the action is somewhat higher than on the Taylor. Woo Hoo... she is showing interest! She also likes Patti Smythe and when she found out that Patti has a beloved LG1 that she writes much of her music with, it probably struck a chord... (Pun intended!) :-({|=

Archived