Gibson Brands Forums

HRH Queen Elizabeth 2

IanHenry

5 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

So if Charles had stayed married to Lady Di, would she be Queen Consort as well? Provided obviously she didn't have that horrible accident.

Hmm...  I am no expert but I think yes.. She would have been Queen Consort too I believe...  HOWEVER if one of the kids had become king instead she would have been the new Queen Mother even if they had still got divorced...  I just had a little look, and apparently Diana had to give up the HRH (her royal highness), but had one of her kids become king they would have had the power to re-instate that...   Its all very complicated and mostly a load of nonsense who comes up with these rules.

5 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Hmm...  I am no expert but I think yes.. She would have been Queen Consort too I believe...  HOWEVER if one of the kids had become king instead she would have been the new Queen Mother even if they had still got divorced...  I just had a little look, and apparently Diana had to give up the HRH (her royal highness), but had one of her kids become king they would have had the power to re-instate that...   Its all very complicated and mostly a load of nonsense who comes up with these rules.

The only Queens we have in the US are the Drag kind, and they have their own hierarchy.

1 hour ago, merciful-evans said:

Virginia was named after Elisabeth I

Tons of cities in the US were named after English cities, especially on the East Coast where the colonials first came ashore.. There is Richmond, and Gloucester both in VA. York is a town in PA. Plymouth in MA. And a whole bunch of others. In Cali everything is in Spanish. I used to live on a street called Calle Esperanza. The Street of Hope. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper