Gibson Brands Forums

Peterson (Tuners) Shout Out

kidblast

I have a StroboClip HD,   purchased in December of the Pandemic year.   We all know how good these are so I'm not here to sing the praises of the tuners

The M2 sized nut & screw that secures the swivel arm to the base loosened and the nut is missing.  I have the screw but the nut?  Good luck finding that!

This was a bout 6 months ago,  I jammed a tooth pick in there and it's been working fine.

I finally went to "contact us" on the Peterson web site.   And explained the problem

The replacement parts are on the way without a single hitch or hassle.  just a few replies to the support ticket and that was that.

I know it's probably not a big deal in the grand scheme of things,  I mean really  how much can those screws/nuts cost right? 

What was impressive is the speed at which they responded and resolved this.  We're talking about an hour. 

I had already registered the warranty and had an account.  Not my first rodeo with Peterson products

I hope I can get the took pick out!  😕

22 minutes ago, kidblast said:

I have a StroboClip HD,   purchased in December of the Pandemic year.   We all know how good these are so I'm not here to sing the praises of the tuners

The M2 sized nut & screw that secures the swivel arm to the base loosened and the nut is missing.  I have the screw but the nut?  Good luck finding that!

This was a bout 6 months ago,  I jammed a tooth pick in there and it's been working fine.

I finally went to "contact us" on the Peterson web site.   And explained the problem

The replacement parts are on the way without a single hitch or hassle.  just a few replies to the support ticket and that was that.

I know it's probably not a big deal in the grand scheme of things,  I mean really  how much can those screws/nuts cost right? 

What was impressive is the speed at which they responded and resolved this.  We're talking about an hour. 

I had already registered the warranty and had an account.  Not my first rodeo with Peterson products

I hope I can get the took pick out!  😕

Nice. Its great when a company stands behind their product. I have a few Snarks and when the feet pads wear out (happened twice) I contact them, and they always send me new ones no questions asked except what is my address.

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nice. Its great when a company stands behind their product. I have a few Snarks and when the feet pads wear out (happened twice) I contact them, and they always send me new ones no questions asked except what is my address.

Ah  good to know!  I have a few Snarks, so far, I've had zero issues with them,  except that they are not as precise, but sometimes, a hand grenade is as good as a sniper rifle

11 minutes ago, Murph said:

I have one, and the screw came loose, had to tighten it once so far.

Had a Snark fall apart like they are designed to do. I JB welded it, and still bought the Peterson.

Where the arm clicks into the actual tuner part of the Snark they have redesigned, and its much more robust now, but the Peterson is the hands down winner.

I have one of the original VS-1s, easily 20 odd years old,  and I have a Strobe stomp on the board.  I wouldn't use anything else.  Well, I do, I have a Boss clip on for the acoustics but if it ever exploded I'd get a Peterson.

rct

15 hours ago, rct said:

I have one of the original VS-1s, easily 20 odd years old,  

rct

I have the same one, I think I got it in 1999..  The selector wheel broke off  and I eventually lost it.  It still worked if you reinserted it.

so I can't change temperament and some of the screen is kind of baked, but it still works and sort of usable.   

Peterson Support said they no longer had the parts, otherwise, they'd have rebuilt it for me when contacted them awhile ago.

1 hour ago, Fish Crumpet said:

Tap an A=440 pitch fork, tune string 5 to a beatless unison (5th fret harmonic)  and go from there.  Affordable, lasts forever and never needs batteries.

Obviously, I'm old.

I'm old too and I do agree with that, but it doesn't work in a bar or any other venue I am used to being in when using my guitars.

rct

1 hour ago, Fish Crumpet said:

Tap an A=440 pitch fork, tune string 5 to a beatless unison (5th fret harmonic)  and go from there.  Affordable, lasts forever and never needs batteries.

Obviously, I'm old.

oh  ok..  what does age have to do with it,

I'm 65.. can ya beat that?

• 3 weeks later...

Was just talking to my local music shop owner about tuners, and he said, "I'm an old telephone guy.". Confused as to what his former employment at the phone company had to do with our conversation, I gave him a puzzled look. He then said, "Yeah, I just would pick up my land line phone and tune to the dial tone, which is an A."  The more you know! (insert rainbow graphic here)