Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Custom Shop Announces New Dave Mustaine Flying V EXP Limited Edition!

Sheepdog1969

For $6,900+, you too can have one of the 150 Mustaine Gibson Flying V's, (75 of each of the two color options available). Check out the V "string through" tail piece, the Mustaine "image" inked on the back of the headstock, and the hot Seymour Duncan covered Humbuckers.

https://www.themusiczoo.com/blogs/news/gibson-custom-shop-announces-new-dave-mustaine-flying-v-exp-limited-edition

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Is it kind of a slap in the face to have Gibson make you a sig model guitar and not even use their pickups?

I don't think Mustaine wants them. If he hadn't fallen out with Jackson, I think he'd still be playing Jacksons. Rumor has it he used his old Jacksons in the studio while he was with Dean and ESP. 

1 minute ago, Pinch said:

I don't think Mustaine wants them. If he hadn't fallen out with Jackson, I think he'd still be playing Jacksons. Rumor has it he used his old Jacksons in the studio while he was with Dean and ESP. 

Well that is evident (about the pups) and classy (if he did use Jacksons while promoting and being paid by Dean and ESP). 

9 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Well that is evident (about the pups) and classy (if he did use Jacksons while promoting and being paid by Dean and ESP). 

I could be wrong. I think I read it somewhere. But his ESPs and Deans all looked like his Jacksons, pretty much,and wasn't there some sort of situation where he wanted to buy into Jackson and it fell through? 

Probably not unusual. I doubt all the Epi signature artists all use their Epis in the studio. 

Edited by Pinch

10 minutes ago, Pinch said:

I could be wrong. I think I read it somewhere. But his ESPs and Deans all looked like his Jacksons, pretty much,and wasn't there some sort of situation where he wanted to buy into Jackson and it fell through? 

Probably not unusual. I doubt all the Epi signature artists all use their Epis in the studio. 

Wait so your not using your $500 guitar to record with and your using something else. That's false advertising. 

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Wait so your not using your $500 guitar to record with and your using something else. That's false advertising. 

Only if you're caught. 

I dunno, could have read it in the tabloid press. I can't remember. It does sound like something Mustaine would say after the fact. He's edgy like that. But I'm not sure. 

I have a lot of respect for him as a guitar player, though. He took the style he and Hetfield kind of pioneered and developed it into something truly unique. Big fan of the old stuff.