Gibson Brands Forums

I Apologize

badbluesplayer

23 hours ago, Valeriy said:

Whitefang, I already apologized above.  🙂 Guys, with your permission, I would like to watch a movie.

Well I apologize for missing your apology.  🥴  And I'm curious as to which movie you watched.  [wink]

Whitefang

2 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Well I apologize for missing your apology.  🥴  And I'm curious as to which movie you watched.  [wink]

Whitefang

And was any popcorn popped, or a a box of Milk Duds devouered?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Whitefang

I have ordinary tastes and more often I like dynamic films, action films, thrillers, also fantasy, in particular from Lucasfilm. And I usually watch with fruits, apples 🙂. Yesterday I watched Andor and also S.W.A.T.
As for the pickups, maybe tomorrow I'll go to a recent topic about Pick-up distance from strings (by Sheepdog1969). There I had an interesting experience, unexpected for me, I wanted to go into that topic even earlier and tell you, maybe you will also be interested.

3 hours ago, Valeriy said:

I have ordinary tastes and more often I like dynamic films, action films, thrillers, also fantasy, in particular from Lucasfilm. And I usually watch with fruits, apples 🙂. Yesterday I watched Andor and also S.W.A.T.
As for the pickups, maybe tomorrow I'll go to a recent topic about Pick-up distance from strings (by Sheepdog1969). There I had an interesting experience, unexpected for me, I wanted to go into that topic even earlier and tell you, maybe you will also be interested.

Are you a guitar whisperer?

20 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Are you a guitar whisperer?

I didn't quite understand the expression "guitar whisperer", if in the sense of "guitar gossip", then no. I wanted to say some useful info in the distance thread mentioned, and some of the answers could be expanded and made more specific there. For example, pickups with strong magnets (ceramic) and with a wide magnetic field (humbuckers) are better to try to put away from the strings, and especially if this is the neck position where the vibration amplitudes can be large. It is no coincidence that some people there said that they like humbuckers very low. 
But that's not all :rolleyes:, in the 3-pickup guitars the middle pickup can be tricky and insidious, too high (close to the strings) it can ruin the sound of a neck pickup adjusted. I will repeat this here too, since it directly relates to the negative magnetic influence that was discussed in this thread.