Gibson Brands Forums

I Apologize

badbluesplayer

4 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Sgt Pepper's Wife :     Why are you insulate?

Sgt. Pepper:     Watts it to you?    I'm ohm  aren't I ?  

Did you have to talk to an electrician to understand the electrical terms?

I asked my wife many times why she is married to me, and she give me the usual Love answer stuff. My come back is - I would not marry me. 

3 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Nope.  Took the Basic Electricity and Electronics course in the Navy in Great Lakes.  Got a Special Recognition award - they wanted to transfer me to Boatswains Mate !    

Wife Stuff:    old George Strait song:   'if they know half the stuff I did, they'll never let me in'. 

BEE was the start in San Diego of way to many to count electrical and electronics courses. Wow a BM, you need about an ASVAB score of 0 to be one. Intelligence abounds in that rate. They can blow a good Boatswains pipe though. I have one from the USS Curts I took from the BM Locker.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

Thread topic reminds me of one of many David Letterman's  'apologies'  after people pushed back on one of his more outrageous bits:   

"I apologize if my comments offended those of you who have thin skins,  questionable affection for the target of my attack, or no sense of humor.  I regret all those things from the bottom of my heart."    

I paraphrased - but that was the gist of all his apologies.n n n  The older I get, the more definitions of words I thought I knew change.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

BEE was the start in San Diego of way to many to count electrical and electronics courses. Wow a BM, you need about an ASVAB score of 0 to be one. Intelligence abounds in that rate. They can blow a good Boatswains pipe though. I have one from the USS Curts I took from the BM Locker.

The only BM piping I recall is  "Turn to, commence ship's work."  2x a day for 4 years.... but, no - I passed the BE&E course and was promoted to Radioman,  the Boatswain's Mate thing was a self-depreciating attempt at humor.  I apologize to myself.  

2 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

The only BM piping I recall is  "Turn to, commence ship's work."  2x a day for 4 years.... but, no - I passed the BE&E course and was promoted to Radioman,  the Boatswain's Mate thing was a self-depreciating attempt at humor.  I apologize to myself.  

Why does a RM need BEE. You guys broke the Comm gear and the ET's fixed it for you. I was going to be and ET and half way through school I was drinking to much at the Circus Pub across the train tracks out the front gate of Great Mistakes. I was in the phase where we were learning about the Whiskey xxx Transceiver Radio Comm Thing. So they made me an EM and I started from EM school day one. It was so damn easy compared to ET school.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Why does a RM need BEE. You guys broke the Comm's gear and the ET's fixed it for you.

I was gonna to add some comments about thems treble bleed thingys, and where they may help to some degree, 

but that all seems pointless now.

• Haha 1

Just now, fortyearspickn said:

It was to scare us sufficiently to not take the backs off the transmitters or receivers when the little shiny thingys didn't light up.  

That was a waste of time. I'll bet if you didn't have that training you would have opened the back and stuck your hand in only once. Twice maybe just to see if you liked it the first time.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kidblast said:

I was gonna to add some comments about thems treble bleed thingys, and where they may help to some degree, 

but that all seems pointless now.

I still want to see the O-scope discharge voltages on the screen. I used an O-scope so much in BEE School. I hate those things.

27 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Nope.  Took the Basic Electricity and Electronics course in the Navy in Great Lakes.  Got a Special Recognition award - they wanted to transfer me to Boatswains Mate !    

Wife Stuff:    old George Strait song:   'if they know half the stuff I did, they'll never let me in'. 

George Strait was my second country concert after seeing Wille. It was like Lynyrd Skynyrd, there must have been 12 people up on stage. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

He lives up the road 10 miles from me.  I have a better chance of seeing him in the grocery store than in concert.

I don't think he tours anymore. My wife (GF at the time) took me. Blake Shelton was second on the bill. He was relatively unknown then and was awful. George and his band were total pros, but his country is not my glass of scotch.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I brought my pencil - give me something to write on. 

Van Halen 1984. What a stinker that was. Diver Down was a mess too.

Yea..  Maybe I will catch some flak for this but IMHO, after the 1st album with DLR, it was a slippery downhill slope from there.

28 minutes ago, kidblast said:

Yea..  Maybe I will catch some flak for this but IMHO, after the 1st album with DLR, it was a slippery downhill slope from there.

II is my jam followed by the 1st one then Fair Waring, then I could care less. Women And Children was meh and Diver Down had not one, not two but three cover songs on it. Which meant they were to stoned, drunk and lazy to write a few more original tunes. I thought Sammy was going to make that band so damn good, but they turned in a bunch of woosies.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

19 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

II is my jam followed by the 1st one then Fair Waring, then I could care less. Women And Children was meh and Diver Down had not one, not two but three cover songs on it. Which meant they were to stoned, drunk and lazy to write a few more original tunes. I thought Sammy was going to make that band so damn good, but they turned in a bunch of woosies.

IMHO  that first album was lightning in a bottle. 

VH II,, the only song that actually I can remember, is "Dance the night away" I think was from that one .  That was a good cover too, definitely got the crowd off their arses and on the dance floor.. After that, I just kind of lost interest in what they were doing other than being amazed at how Eddie could play.  I did also like the harmonies they pulled off,  but the songs,  "meh..."

• Like 1