Gibson Brands Forums

New Metallica - Lux Æterna

Rabs

7 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Well, to be fair, they were a good band in the 80s. But that was decades ago. But hey, people still go see them, so... good for them. 

But this new song was even blander than the anything on the last album, which in itself set a new record for blandness. To my ears, it was remarkably meh. 

Lots of good band from decades ago are still around making horrible music cause its all they know. We never need another Rolling Stones album or AC/DC album or Yes  album to ever come out again, but it might happen. We certainly don't need the Stones to tour ever again, Yes as well. No original members in Yes and they are still calling it Yes. Not Steve Howe And Some Other Dudes Playing Yes's Music. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Lots of good band from decades ago are still around making horrible music cause its all they know. We never need another Rolling Stones album or AC/DC album or Yes  album to ever come out again, but it might happen. We certainly don't need the Stones to tour ever again, Yes as well. No original members in Yes and they are still calling it Yes. Not Steve Howe And Some Other Dudes Playing Yes's Music. 

Mm. I did hear the new(ish) AC/DC album though, and while I certainly didn't NEED it, everything on it was a zillion times better than the new Metallica single. 

Then again, so is pretty much all songs I've ever heard. But that's me. 

We have all seen 'Tallica right? My favorite part of the show other than the Bass solo, is when they do Seek & Destroy and for 15 mins James yells "Searching" and the crowd yells back " Seek & Destroy". Oh the fun I had doing that. Please no one post it. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

We have all seen 'Tallica right? My favorite part of the show other than the Bass solo, is when they do Seek & Destroy and for 15 mins James yells "Searching" and the crowd yells back " Seek & Destroy". Oh the fun I had doing that. Please no one post it. 

Almost 20 minutes if I remember correctly. Oh boy. 

Good show though (last leg of the black album tour), apart from that bit 

Edited by Pinch

3 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Almost 20 minutes if I remember correctly. Oh boy. 

Good show though (last leg of the black album tour), apart from that bit 

I saw them on the Black Album, and could not hear for 3 days after. Thanks for turning it up all the way, and then some in a small little arena in Hawaii. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cody78 said:

You guys are all very negative. I didn't think it was bad at all. A few parts even reminded me stuff off Kill 'em All. I sometimes wonder if anyone on the forum actually likes music?...or at least anything released after 1989?!

Sure. The new Ghost album was pretty good. Not earth shattering, but enjoyable. 

2 hours ago, cody78 said:

You guys are all very negative. I didn't think it was bad at all. A few parts even reminded me stuff off Kill 'em All. I sometimes wonder if anyone on the forum actually likes music?...or at least anything released after 1989?!

AIC - Dirt was good. I like music just not ‘Tallica anymore. If you need that album by all means buy it. 

On 12/21/2022 at 9:03 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

AIC - Dirt was good. I like music just not ‘Tallica anymore. If you need that album by all means buy it. 

Dirt was good, but quite plodding in places. The first 2 songs are amazing, but I often struggle to make it all the way through after that. Much preferred Vs. by Pearl Jam as it was had way more energy and is probably one of the best mainstream or non mainstream albums from that period. 

Edited by cody78

55 minutes ago, cody78 said:

Dirt was good, but quite plodding in places. The first 2 songs are amazing, but I often struggle to make it all the way through after that. Much preferred Vs. by Pearl Jam as it was had way more energy and is probably one of the best mainstream or non mainstream albums from that period. 

P J stared out great then after Vs went down hill fast.

I saw P J on the 10 Tour and AIC  on the Dirt Tour at Lallapalooza. Primus was there too. Saw them once before that too. Les’s bass playing get so annoying and repetitive.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

P J stared out great then after Vs went down hill fast.

I saw P J on the 10 Tour and AIC  on the Dirt Tour at Lallapalooza. Primus was there too. Saw them once before that too. Les’s bass playing get so annoying and repetitive.

Nice! I've never seen either PJ or AIC, but would have loved to see them back in the early 90's. Yeah PJ did change their sound a lot after Vs., but I do like some of their later output like Binaural and the self titled album. Shame they never went fully back to their early sound. 

Primus I have not listened to much, though a friend of mine had one of their albums when I was a teenager about 25 years ago which sounded ok.