Gibson Brands Forums

New Metallica - Lux Æterna

Rabs

James loves saying Hey and Yeah in every damn song. 

I'll take Puppets and the bass-less And Justice before that. Ride was good to.

It all just sounds the same as the last whatever 'Tallica did. Its like Motorhead, if you got Ace Of Spades and you don't need anything else. Saw them on the Black Album Tour and Hardwired Tour and that was three times to many. The last time I saw them, I knew no songs after The Black Album except Fuel, cause I heard it on the radio a ton of times.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

James loves saying Hey and Yeah in every damn song. 

I'll take Puppets and the bass-less And Justice before that. Ride was good to.

Yeah, I love those albums..  And Kill em All too..  Thats just so heavy and raw and each song has loads of great riffs..   I was also into the Black album at the time and saw them gig loads during that era but never listen to that anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Yeah, I love those albums..  And Kill em All too..  Thats just so heavy and raw and each song has loads of great riffs..   I was also into the Black album at the time and saw them gig loads during that era but never listen to that anymore. 

I can't stand Kill Em All. Its too raw for me. I have the first 5 and then I checked out. The Black Album is meh for me. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Oh dear. I can't believe they actually put that out. 

Much less how people keep supporting them to the point where they sell out stadiums. Why would you encourage something this bland? I'm sure they're still good live, but Jesus... The song pretty much couldn't be worse. They gone so far beyond meh, it's not even funny. 

YMMV, but then you should probably check your engine. 

I have no real history with Metallica, truth be told.

I am familiar with some of their albums and songs over the years, I guess from exposure to youTube and some FM radio.
But I have never been a storied, die-hard fan of any sort.

This song, and the frantic, slick video though;
I like it.

I find nothing meh or repulsive about it.
But that's just me.

I'm nobody in the grand scheme of Metallica bashing.

🤔

8 hours ago, Pinch said:

Oh dear. I can't believe they actually put that out. 

Much less how people keep supporting them to the point where they sell out stadiums. Why would you encourage something this bland? I'm sure they're still good live, but Jesus... The song pretty much couldn't be worse. They gone so far beyond meh, it's not even funny. 

YMMV, but then you should probably check your engine. 

If ‘Tallica fans will buy St. Anger, they will swallow anything they put out and want more.

5 hours ago, Pinch said:

I guess I'm old school - I like more than a single note for the vocal melody in the chorus. 

I'm old school to and liked 'Tallica when they made good music. Now its like any new Tool album, its the same album over and over. A few more hey's and a few more yeah's. 

How am I supposed to pronounce the second word in the title. How do you pronounce a A smashed together with an E?

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm old school to and liked 'Tallica when they made good music. Now its like any new Tool album, its the same album over and over. A few more hey's and a few more yeah's. 

How am I supposed to pronounce the second word in the title. How do you pronounce a A smashed together with an E?

Ey-terna... I think. 

8 hours ago, saturn said:

The guy on the radio today was talking about how many people were *****ing about the drums. Mainly the kick drum. I don't get all the controversy. Sounds like typical Metallica to me.

I didn't notice anything unusual about the drum sound either. But I'm not gonna listen to it again 😉

• Like 1

To lighten the mood, I'll add that back when Lars could be bothered to practice, even though he was in no way a great drummer, he still had his own style that I liked. Basically, he played to Hetfield's guitar, which is an unusual setup, but I liked it. 

2 hours ago, Pinch said:

To lighten the mood, I'll add that back when Lars could be bothered to practice, even though he was in no way a great drummer, he still had his own style that I liked. Basically, he played to Hetfield's guitar, which is an unusual setup, but I liked it. 

He should have taken what was going to be his original path in life. I think he was pretty good at Tennis. Wasn't that in the Documentary where they all cried, acted like a bunch of 5 year olds, and hired a Head Shrinker to analyze them? Then we would be saved from this garb.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

20 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

He should have taken what was going to be his original path in life. I think he was pretty good at Tennis. Wasn't that in the Documentary where they all cried, acted like a bunch of 5 year olds, and hired a Head Shrinker to analyze them? Then we would be saved from this garb.

Well, to be fair, they were a good band in the 80s. But that was decades ago. But hey, people still go see them, so... good for them. 

But this new song was even blander than the anything on the last album, which in itself set a new record for blandness. To my ears, it was remarkably meh.