Gibson Brands Forums

TV & Movie Cowboy Guitars…..

Larsongs

15 hours ago, Retired said:

I loved that  movie. I worked with a guy at Burlington Northern that reminded me of Walter Brennan.  Talked, walked and acted just like him.  

My first guitar, my mother bought for me. The strings were so high up on the bridge that I couldn't even push them down. They were at least an half Inch high.  Junk. 

Too bad you couldn't think of trying to learn slide back then.  [wink]  But plenty of us non overindulged young 'uns went through those tribulations until we got to where we needed.  Often our first guitars were not much better than our first cars.  🥴

Whitefang

• Like 1

My first Hopalong Cassidy Guitar, when I was about 6, was such a POS Guitar it was the main reason I didn’t start playing until I was in the Army… They had some pretty great old Gibson Archtop Acoustic Guitars at the Service Club.. I realized that there were Guitars that I might be able to play..

13 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Too bad you couldn't think of trying to learn slide back then.  [wink]  But plenty of us non overindulged young 'uns went through those tribulations until we got to where we needed.  Often our first guitars were not much better than our first cars.  🥴

Whitefang

Yes! That would have been great.  I had a relative back then that could play slide on a steel guitar. He was good. Then he divorced, became homeless for years and has been gone what seems like decades upon decades ago.  I tried slide, Just can't do it.