Gibson Brands Forums

Question about a 2020 L00 Standard

Johnbgood

Hi

I have a question that maybe someone here can answer. I have an L00, that the serial number lookup says it was made in 2020 in Nashville, Tenn. The label is light colored and says made in Montana.

Most of the labels I see are orange. I'm thinking it was made in the Custom shop in Nashville and not actually made in Montana.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Dave F said:

What in the serial number leads you to think it was made in Nashville? The Made In USA electrics use a different system than the acoustics. Here's a sample of the acoustic serial number format. Nothing denotes where it was made.

image.png.3bac7d66f843dd338bb60bc51f50d6b8.png

I thought that since 2014 the first two numbers are the year instead of the first and fifth number?

Gibson USA 2014 to present – These serial numbers cannot be dated to a specific day of the year.
The new model year typically launches in the fall as the current model year winds down. It is not uncommon for a new model year model to be produced during the previous model year (example – a 2015 model may have been built in late 2014).

The pattern is as follows:
YYRRRRRRR
YY is the model year
RRRRRRR is the number in product for the model year (starts at 0000001)

Edited by Sgt. Pepper