Gibson Brands Forums

Retired but updating my resume so I can be semi retired

ksdaddy

14 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

Sounds like a joke line, but maybe it’s not…..🤣   I don’t go to high school reunions anymore.  I hate all those old people coming-up and saying, “Do you remember me?”

I'm still in touch with several folk from my high school days.... but the number dwindles on a regular basis now!  

My original band has only me left..... singer died over 30 years ago.... drummer died over 10 years ago and bass player died about 2 years ago!    Kinda scary!

33 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

I'm still in touch with several folk from my high school days.... but the number dwindles on a regular basis now!  

My original band has only me left..... singer died over 30 years ago.... drummer died over 10 years ago and bass player died about 2 years ago!    Kinda scary!

Yes!  It does get scary.  Getting old isn’t easy.   …..I read this article about a 102-year-old guy who lives in a coastal town in England and he walks along the beach and sea wall every morning.  He’s been doing it for over forty years.  It’s about a two-mile walk.  On his way back he stops at the coffeehouse.  His wife used to walk with him, but she passed-away at 94 in a car accident.  …Stay positive and keep pushing forward.

14 minutes ago, MissouriPicker said:

Yes!  It does get scary.  Getting old isn’t easy.   …..I read this article about a 102-year-old guy who lives in a coastal town in England and he walks along the beach and sea wall every morning.  He’s been doing it for over forty years.  It’s about a two-mile walk.  On his way back he stops at the coffeehouse.  His wife used to walk with him, but she passed-away at 94 in a car accident.  …Stay positive and keep pushing forward.

Really, I had no difficulty in getting old.  It's getting older that's proving to be a challenge.  [wink]

I envy the old man in that story.  Not that he's 102, but that he can walk two miles.  My spinal trouble leaves me unable to walk the length of my house easily(and painlessly).  And my house isn't all that big.  I really miss just walking around the block.

Whitefang

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Really, I had no difficulty in getting old.  It's getting older that's proving to be a challenge.  [wink]

I envy the old man in that story.  Not that he's 102, but that he can walk two miles.  My spinal trouble leaves me unable to walk the length of my house easily(and painlessly).  And my house isn't all that big.  I really miss just walking around the block.

Whitefang

I was walking about a mile every morning, up and down hills....but I stopped when I fell in the back yard and pulled a muscle in my upper thigh..... that took a long time to heal..... but it's okay now....I just need to get back into walking every morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Whitefang

Staying active is “easier said than done.”  A back problem has an impact on everything you do.  Whenever I get a little kink in my back, I can’t even sit straight.   I dread dealing with what you describe..  I hope the pain subsides and you can get back to being more active.

• Like 1

I feel lucky. I walk as much as I reasonably can each day. I did 13,000 steps today. I am coping with the other bits and ailments but I really hope I can keep mobile. 

I met a fellow on holiday earlier this year. He was older than me and was running further than I walk. He said he'd had a health scare and wound up in hospital. He got over feeling sorry for himself when he looked over the other patients. It drove him to get himself fit. It was inspiring, but I'm not sure that pounding pavements (well we were using running machines actually) is such a great idea. Walking feels safer.

3 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I feel lucky. I walk as much as I reasonably can each day. I did 13,000 steps today. I am coping with the other bits and ailments but I really hope I can keep mobile. 

I met a fellow on holiday earlier this year. He was older than me and was running further than I walk. He said he'd had a health scare and wound up in hospital. He got over feeling sorry for himself when he looked over the other patients. It drove him to get himself fit. It was inspiring, but I'm not sure that pounding pavements (well we were using running machines actually) is such a great idea. Walking feels safer.

13,000 steps is excellent.  My wife and I typically walk 4-6 miles per day, everyday.  Numerous flights of stairs.  Plus we don’t live on junk food as we did years  ago.  Also, about 3-years ago I bought one of those Total Gyms that Chuck Norris advertises.  I use it 3-4 times per week for 10-12 minutes each time.  I used to weigh about 210.  Now I weigh 171.  I still eat big meals, but the food is healthy for me.  Lean meat and lots of veggies.  Eating right and doing regular exercise really does contribute to how good you feel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

Referring to the original topic——if I were to decide to become semi-retired (God Forbid!) and had a job interview.  I honestly think it might go this way.

pjEUeQE.jpg

Love this! LOL! I can relate!