Gibson Brands Forums

Meet Up At The Movies

Sgt. Pepper

Anyone interested in the Dead or just learning about them or the whole scene,  I think I saw it on Amazon. There is an 8 part doc called Long Strange Trip. I don't want to ruin the ending but Jerry dies. Mr. Garcia could be a big huge dildo at times. The doc called The Other One on Netflix is about Bob and is really good. He had the best job on the planet. A young good looking kid surrounded by a band of  butt ugly dudes. He traveled the world, and I'm sure got more than his share of chicks. Piggy was banging Janis for a while.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

20 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Anyone interested in the Dead or just learning about them or the whole scene,  I think I saw it on Amazon. There is an 8 part doc called Long Strange Trip. I don't want to ruin the ending but Jerry dies. Mr. Garcia could be a big huge dildo at times. The doc called The Other One on Netflix is about Bob and is really good. He had the best job on the planet. A young good looking kid surrounded by a band of  butt ugly dudes. He traveled the world, and I'm sure got more than his share of chicks. Piggy was banging Janis for a while.

I've seen them. 'The Other One' a couple of times. Some videos I cant watch any more as they are VHS tape. One of those is 'So Far'. I'd like to watch that again. A really good one.

1 hour ago, merciful-evans said:

I've seen them. 'The Other One' a couple of times. Some videos I cant watch any more as they are VHS tape. One of those is 'So Far'. I'd like to watch that again. A really good one.

So Far is a good one. 

Theres a YouTube channel WALL OF SOUND,  that has full show sound board recordings.  All years. Some great Pigpen shows Sarge ! 🤣

1 hour ago, Karloff said:

So Far is a good one. 

Theres a YouTube channel WALL OF SOUND,  that has full show sound board recordings.  All years. Some great Pigpen shows Sarge ! 🤣

If. you have never been here this has tons of shows. I have almost every Dead Studio album and a ton of stand alone concerts. A few with Piggy.

Grateful Dead : Free Music : Free Audio : Free Download, Borrow and Streaming : Internet Archive

33 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

"Piggy"?  C'mon now....

That's as dumb as calling somebody "Macca" or "Keef".  🙄

Whitefang

My cousin always calls him that so I stated. How about Ron is that acceptable WF?

Because how old I am, I was exposed a little to the GD. During my teen years in the 90s, we had  Phish - sort of a jam band for those not familiar. It wasn’t my scene at all, but people at the time talked about them as some sort of GD-like band. A lot of “hadn’t had a bath in a few months” stoners liked Phish. Just my experience… 

When I went to college I had an older colleague I played guitar with that really loved Dylan and GD. It was hard for me to get into GD, but liked the Dylan stuff quite a bit. I played keyboards with him as he played guitar and sang. I learned a lot from my old bud - musically. Taught me all about how chords work - scales + intervals to make 7,9 etc chords. 

Sort of getting back, if it were a choice of GD vs Phish… GD all the way. I think Phish sucks. Sorry if this offends anyone. I know some people if I met them today that couldn’t handle it 😆

47 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Because how old I am, I was exposed a little to the GD. During my teen years in the 90s, we had  Phish - sort of a jam band for those not familiar. It wasn’t my scene at all, but people at the time talked about them as some sort of GD-like band. A lot of “hadn’t had a bath in a few months” stoners liked Phish. Just my experience… 

When I went to college I had an older colleague I played guitar with that really loved Dylan and GD. It was hard for me to get into GD, but liked the Dylan stuff quite a bit. I played keyboards with him as he played guitar and sang. I learned a lot from my old bud - musically. Taught me all about how chords work - scales + intervals to make 7,9 etc chords. 

Sort of getting back, if it were a choice of GD vs Phish… GD all the way. I think Phish sucks. Sorry if this offends anyone. I know some people if I met them today that couldn’t handle it 😆

I've always more than understood why some dont care for the Dead. By the mid/late 80s, "the scene" started buckling under it's own weight.  I never cared for Phish but the Trey Band is great.  I used to have a sticker on my Harley "JERRY'S DEAD, PHISH SUCKS, GET A JOB"

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Karloff said:

I've always more than understood why some dont care for the Dead. By the mid/late 80s, "the scene" started buckling under it's own weight.  I never cared for Phish but the Trey Band is great.  I used to have a sticker on my Harley "JERRY'S DEAD, PHISH SUCKS, GET A JOB"

I get not liking The Dead and Zappa. I do so others don't have to.  I can't stand Taylor Swift or U2. 

I've seen that bumper sticker. 100% of it is true.

23 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

My cousin always calls him that so I stated. How about Ron is that acceptable WF?

"Pigpen" works just fine.  🙄  At least it was good enough for him.  I think he's due that respect.  As we have no way of knowing the man would have gone along with "Piggy" I think it's best to just not mess with it.

For a time at Cadillac I had the nickname "Q-Tip".  I'd have ignored anyone who called me "Tippy".   Or just "Q".

Whitefang