Gibson Brands Forums

A Few Images From Indy 500 - 2023

DanvillRob

16 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

"Few" is right!  🤪  And of mostly no interest to even the race fans, which I haven't been since I was 15.  Which is also why I didn't bother watching it.

Whitefang

I didn't watch it either....but seems the son was 'in the mix' there..... he got a photo with Mario Andretti also.... I was surprised at how small he is.

3 hours ago, IanHenry said:

If you like motorsport you should see the Isle of Man TT races.  The blokes who compete in that must be deranged, every year it's carnage, six riders died last year. 

I used to be a big fan.... we have Laguna Seca and Sonoma Raceway both relatively close...and of course I grew up within spittin' distance from Fremont Dragstrip....not so much anymore...I guess as one gets older their tastes change.... I used to be a HUGE boxing fan....now I can hardly stand to watch!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanvillRob said:

I used to be a big fan.... we have Laguna Seca and Sonoma Raceway both relatively close...and of course I grew up within spittin' distance from Fremont Dragstrip....not so much anymore...I guess as one gets older their tastes change.... I used to be a HUGE boxing fan....now I can hardly stand to watch!

Yeah.  I grew up not too far from the old(and long gone) Detroit Dragway.  Which actually wasn't in Detroit but the Downriver suburb of Riverview.  Used to ride my bike there every now and then.  But that was WAY back when AA fuelers doing the quarter mile  in 7 seconds was still just a dream.   We still have the Michigan International Speedway just south of Brooklyn, MI , but I've never been there as it wasn't built until long past my loss of interest in watching cars drive around in circles.   But this Saturday is going to be a return of the Detroit Grand Prix  being run through the streets of Detroit after an absence of 30 years., during which time the race was run on Detroit's Belle Isle ,  the city's island park.

wsi-imageoptim-Belle-Isle-outdoor-arial.

Whitefang

• Like 1