Gibson Brands Forums

New Paranormal Squiers

Rabs

I rather like the sound of the twelve string.

I have to admit I like what they do with the paranormal series. In ten years when one winds up in a pawn shop, someone will be wondering how there came to be a strat with tele controls, three pickups, and ash tray bridge  and buy it and begin creating music inspired perhaps by the oddness of it.

• Like 1

The 12" inch neck radius is a better choice I reckon. I would have heard the P90 model (Stratasonic). It must be Strat with DuoSonic and that would account for the shorter scale.

Didn't they call this mix & match idea 'Alternate Reality' at first ? Or is this just the Squier version  moniker ?

I have the Alternate Reality MIM Fender 66 (Jazz bass body trimmed down to make a 6 string and with a humbucker and 2 tele neck pickups). I absolutely love it. I like when Fender Corp makes these affordable different takes by mixing and matching. I know they have a parallel universe collection too.

On 6/2/2023 at 7:14 AM, Big Bill said:

Squire certainly has come a long ways. I never considered purchasing one until recently. 

Agree 100%. Theres a couple Squier Teles in my friends store I keep talking myself out of.  They're really nice.