Gibson Brands Forums

Updated the Jimi Hendrix Room

duane v

I grew tired of tripping over the PA tripods and hitting my head on the ceiling mic stands. I also updated VIP lounge seating area, as guests kept spilling beers and drinks on the carpet because they had no place put them. And most importantly suspending my 1960's Rams helmet from the ceiling.

So I elevated the speakers and I repositioned the articulating ceiling stand booms, so that all you have to do when done is loosen and lift the boom.

IMG_3455.JPG

IMG_3461.JPG

IMG_3462.JPG

We have a 4 bedroom pad and a 2-car garage so we are lucky enough where I can keep my work station madness in the garage, but the deal is I have to cleanup at the end of the day regardless of what project I work on.  We also have a nice large landing area upstairs where we have the business area.

The other bedroom is for the guitar cases and guitars that are in cases and for the most part they fit in the closet and out of site and used as a guest area. And the other  bedroom is a guest area as well if friends or family get too wasted to drive. 

The one draw back is our backyard is quite narrow so we give up real-estate there, but there's just me, my sweeter half and Rocky.

I should like to have that much room. My home studio is a small box room. Two people max. It has to be that room as its the most acoustically isolated. The main bedroom is plenty big enough but adjoins my neighbour's house.

Any special reason why it's called 'the Jimi Hendrix Room'? I would have expected more *mirrors

* Room Full of Mirrors

Edited by merciful-evans
felt like it

Too nice.

My music room is a clusterflock of gear, tools, stands, cases, gig bags, amps, guns, ammo, knives, blowguns, spare truck parts, paperwork, filing cabinets, and memorabilia.

Mess it up a little...

1 hour ago, merciful-evans said:

I should like to have that much room. My home studio is a small box room. Two people max. It has to be that room as its the most acoustically isolated. The main bedroom is plenty big enough but adjoins my neighbour's house.

Any special reason why it's called 'the Jimi Hendrix Room'? I would have expected more mirrors.

I mostly see Beatles stuff and a LA/St Louis/LA Rams helmet.  They went back and forth a lot, kind of like the Raiders.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, merciful-evans said:

Any special reason why it's called 'the Jimi Hendrix Room'? I would have expected more *mirrors

I dig Jimi..... He had a loud vibe about his music. And of all the things I've read about him, it just seemed money wasn't the ambition for him.

37 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I mostly see Beatles stuff and a LA/St Louis/LA Rams helmet.  They went back and forth a lot, kind of like the Raiders.

But they were always still the Rams no matter wherever they resided. I used to fly out to St. Louis and attend games.... I met a lot of nice people in the great state of Missouri. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, duane v said:

But they were always still the Rams no matter wherever they resided. I used to fly out to St. Louis and attend games.... I met a lot of nice people in the great state of Missouri. 

I went to see the Saints and Rams at the old Edward Jones Dome the year the Saints went all the way.

We used to live in Louisiana and my wife was born there.

4 minutes ago, duane v said:

My first wife's mother was from St. Louis. Been there many times. The Raider have always been the Raiders weather in Oakland, LA or Vegas. I only saw one St. Louis Cardinals baseball game. I saw that one guy who was a great shortstop play. Forgot his name. I saw the Moody Blues and Chicago on the same bill there in '92.

• 2 weeks later...

Added a few more detail to the Jimi Jam Room.

Added an LA Kings Helmet and LA Lakers paraphernalia... waiting for the Dodger helmet to get hear.

I also straightened out my three amp nightmare using a Morley ABC amp switcher, so all I have to do is plug in a guitar and switch to the corresponding amp. I also purchased an MXR EQ for the Panama amp..... It needed just a tad more EQ abilities to tighten up the bottom end a little. 

IMG_3531.JPG

FullSizeRender_iiwKDVDAvwmo9JJPq3ZM6y.jp

70968896710_882E8EA5-8A3C-47A2-BE81-1B82