Gibson Brands Forums

Miranda Lambert Bluebird

Hype

23 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

She did. She’s not in his touring band anymore. It’s another female. Nina Strauss is her  name I think. Both those ladies do not suck. On guitar.

Yeah, but Nita Strauss has also done some pretty good stuff with Demi Lovato these last couple years.  That and the fact that Nita doesn't use amps of any kind live or in the studio, so no tube cred for her, should help re-invigorate the hate!

rct

32 minutes ago, rct said:

Yeah, but Nita Strauss has also done some pretty good stuff with Demi Lovato these last couple years.  That and the fact that Nita doesn't use amps of any kind live or in the studio, so no tube cred for her, should help re-invigorate the hate!

rct

I don’t use an amp either. My 000-28 doesn’t need one.

22 hours ago, rct said:

Many of us are of a time when there was no "guitar culture".  We weren't staring at our phones all day, browsing our tablets, surfing our laptops all night.  We didn't consume all possible internet knowledge every day.  We played the guitar, most of us in bands, most of us trying to make a living at it and in my case failing and having to keep a job.  But out every weekend with a guitar if possible.  It's not the same as owning guitars and blabbing about them all day on the internet, so it is quite possible and normal for lots of guitar players of a certain generation to not have heard of lots of other guitar players.

rct

Yep.  Well said.  "Culture" is over-rated.  Most of us just play.  Don't have time or patience or desire to take time from that to do otherwise.   Sort of like -  Would you rather play baseball or collect baseball cards ?  

22 minutes ago, ruger9 said:

I think it's really pretty.  For a girl.   But too expensive for what it is...  I know signature models are more expensive, but jeez...

Its only $650 more than a standard HB, which is what Blake Shelton's ex-wife's guitar is just with different birds on the P/G and its blue. 

10 hours ago, peter l said:

This reviewer seems to think that the top is made of maple!

If you listen the sentence or two before he says Sitka Spruce. I think he just made a brain fart while blathering.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 8/23/2023 at 7:38 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Its only $650 more than a standard HB, which is what Blake Shelton's ex-wife's guitar is just with different birds on the P/G and its blue. 

Yeah well... all Gibsons are pretty much overpriced to begin with, so....

On 8/23/2023 at 7:38 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

BTW, Lambert has sold more records and has had many more hits than her ex-husband...

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

There's a sub-forum here for Epiphone fans...

Nah, it's cool.... people can pay whatever they want. I certainly overpaid for my PRS DGT. But I don't regret it, its a fantastic guitar.  I still say it's not WORTH the asking price, but if you want THAT guitar, you pay THAT price.  

Yep...  I guess when I saw him on The Voice, it made me even LESS likely to buy one of his records. (less than zero!)     Lambert - I remember reading articles about her when she was just starting out - thinking  'she sounds like the real deal'.   Not surprised the marriage didn't last.  But,  then - that is a superficial snarky thing to say, even for me.  

49 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Yep...  I guess when I saw him on The Voice, it made me even LESS likely to buy one of his records. (less than zero!)     Lambert - I remember reading articles about her when she was just starting out - thinking  'she sounds like the real deal'.   Not surprised the marriage didn't last.  But,  then - that is a superficial snarky thing to say, even for me.  

Even marriages amongst people who are not famous go south. Put pressure of touring, coming up with the next #1 smash hit,  being away from your spouse, temptations of the road, and its bound to fail. I've heard both of their stuff and don't own any, so there is how much I care about either one of them.