Gibson Brands Forums

Miranda Lambert Bluebird

Hype

The blue Hummingbird is not one I'm particularly drawn to. However, I think it's pretty clear Miranda Lambert is a talented musician, deserving her own Gibson sig guitar. If only forum-approved artists were to get signature guitar, hardly anyone below the age of fifty would buy one. Gibson is in the business of selling guitars, not giving out signature guitars as awards to artists this forum deems worthy.

Lars

2 hours ago, Lars68 said:

The blue Hummingbird is not one I'm particularly drawn to. However, I think it's pretty clear Miranda Lambert is a talented musician, deserving her own Gibson sig guitar. If only forum-approved artists were to get signature guitar, hardly anyone below the age of fifty would buy one. Gibson is in the business of selling guitars, not giving out signature guitars as awards to artists this forum deems worthy.

Lars

Seriously who here has she inspired to play? Joke of a joke wrapped in joke sandwich. 

You? Doubt it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, MissouriPicker said:

Carrie Underwood inspires me to play!  ……….Oh wait!  Sorry, I forgot that we’re talking about guitars.

Yep me too. Hot as all get out but . . . Play guitar . . . No

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

18 hours ago, Lars68 said:

If only forum-approved artists were to get signature guitar, hardly anyone below the age of fifty would buy one. Gibson is in the business of selling guitars, not giving out signature guitars as awards to artists this forum deems worthy.

16 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Seriously who here has she inspired to play? Joke of a joke wrapped in joke sandwich.

The joke is -  Miranda Lambert would be laughing hysterically if she read this thread in between her concerts and studio sessions. 

To clarify -  the point Lars68 made was  that  WE HERE  are not  The Bozeman Marketing sub-committee, nor are we even their target market.   Not a 'focus group'...    Some of us don't even actually OWN any Gibson Acoustics.    Many haven't bought one in this century.  So when we start pixxing about them producing a Blue H'Bird Signature Model ...  

I'm guessing the Bozeman employee assigned to 'monitor' this forum  is being punished.  This is his "Time Out" for too many glue drops inside the body.   

5 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

The joke is -  Miranda Lambert would be laughing hysterically if she read this thread in between her concerts and studio sessions. 

To clarify -  the point Lars68 made was  that  WE HERE  are not  The Bozeman Marketing sub-committee, nor are we even their target market.   Not a 'focus group'...    Some of us don't even actually OWN any Gibson Acoustics.    Many haven't bought one in this century.  So when we start pixxing about them producing a Blue H'Bird Signature Model ...  

I'm guessing the Bozeman employee assigned to 'monitor' this forum  is being punished.  This is his "Time Out" for too many glue drops inside the body.   

That little girl she wants to inspire to play guitar better start saving her money. $4649 is a lot of shifts at Mickey D’s saying “fries with that”. Or just having a nice padded trust fund from daddy works too. No on from Gibson is reading this. Certainly not the new head honcho.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I like the blue guitar and Miranda Lambert as well - anyone who titles her album "Crazy Ex-girlfriend" deserves a listen. The first two Pistol Annie's releases are very good- in my ears, at least. One member, Angeleena Presley, put out a great release in 2014 "American Middle Class".

I don't get all the bile and venom spewed against someone, I suppose it is queen jealousy desiring the same talent and success, rather than long hours spent  before a lonely keyboard.

'Nuff said, I've used up too many words - please excuse as I go gain some inspiration from Miranda.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, scriv58 said:

I like the blue guitar and Miranda Lambert as well - anyone who titles her album "Crazy Ex-girlfriend" deserves a listen. The first two Pistol Annie's releases are very good- in my ears, at least. One member, Angeleena Presley, put out a great release in 2014 "American Middle Class".

I don't get all the bile and venom spewed against someone, I suppose it is queen jealousy desiring the same talent and success, rather than long hours spent  before a lonely keyboard.

'Nuff said, I've used up too many words - please excuse as I go gain some inspiration from Miranda.

It’s not bile and venom. Just answer this simple question. Tell me what girl has 4k of disposable income to spend on a blue guitar? Did you read press release of her wanting to inspire young girls to play. That’s outstanding. A 4k guitar is not going to make that happen. It’s called reality. Its Gibson being Gibson.

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It’s not bile and venom. Just answer this simple question. Tell me what girl has 4k of disposable income to spend on a blue guitar? Did you read press release of her wanting to inspire young girls to play. That’s outstanding. A 4k guitar is not going to make that happen. It’s called reality. Its Gibson being Gibson.

THIS I agree with wholeheartedly.   TheTaylor Taylor Swift model was about $500.

1 hour ago, ruger9 said:

THIS I agree with wholeheartedly.   TheTaylor Taylor Swift model was about $500.

I would think the targeted demographics for Taylor and Miranda would be different.

I'm not a fan or am I familiar with either and don't have an opinion of either so I guess 70+ year old men don't fall into either demographic, but I do buy a lot of new Gibson's. I couldn't name one song from either of the ladies. But this is true of most of the artist models in the current line-up.

Miranda Lambert Bluebird - Bluebonnet – heard of her, can’t name a song

Keb’ Mo’ “3.0” 12-Fret J-45 - Vintage Sunburst – I’ve heard him a few times and liked him, no desire

The Everly Brothers SJ-200 - Ebony – I want this one

Noel Gallagher J-150 - Vintage Sunburst – never heard of him

Elvis Dove - Ebony – My DIF trumps this one

Elvis SJ-200 - Ebony – Have it, love it.

Nathaniel Rateliff LG-2 Western - Vintage Sunburst- never heard of him

Jerry Cantrell "Fire Devil" Songwriter - Ebony- never heard of him

Jerry Cantrell "Atone" Songwriter - Ebony- never heard of him

Dave Mustaine Songwriter - Ebony- never heard of him

Dave Mustaine Songwriter, Signed - Ebony- never heard of him

Orianthi SJ-200 - Cherry- never heard of him her

Slash J-45 - Vermillion Burst - Heard of him, Guns N Roses, can’t name a song. I thought he was a Les Paul guy???

Tom Petty SJ-200 Wildflower - Antique Natural- heard of him, can name some songs, no desire

Frank Hannon Love Dove - Vintage Cherry Sunburst – never heard of him

Eric Church Hummingbird Dark - Cobra Burst – Heard of him, can’t name a song

I did run across this video of Taylor unplugged, solo playing a Gibson. Not bad.

Edited by Dave F

18 minutes ago, Dave F said:

I would think the targeted demographics for Taylor and Miranda would be different.

I'm not a fan or am I familiar with either and don't have an opinion of either so I guess 70+ year old men don't fall into either demographic, but I do buy a lot of new Gibson's. I couldn't name one song from either of the ladies. But this is true of most of the artist models in the current line-up.

Keb’ Mo’ “3.0” 12-Fret J-45 - Vintage Sunburst – I’ve heard him a few times and liked him, no desire

Orianthi SJ-200 - Cherry- never heard of him

Slash J-45 - Vermillion Burst - Heard of him, Guns N Roses, can’t name a song. I thought he was a Les Paul guy???

Tom Petty SJ-200 Wildflower - Antique Natural- heard of him, can name some songs, no desire

I did run across this video of Taylor unplugged, solo playing a Gibson. Not bad.

Orianthi is a woman. She’s easy on the eyes too. She played with Alice Cooper. She had a Gibson sig guitar too. A red SJ-200.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Orianthi is a woman. She’s easy on the eyes too. She played with Alice Cooper.

Is that the blonde that plays the electric guitar for him? I've seen videos of her, very talented. Again, an artist known for her electric work with an acoustic sig???

4 minutes ago, Dave F said:

Is that the blonde that plays the electric guitar for him? I've seen videos of her, very talented. Again, an artist known for her electric work with an acoustic sig???

She did. She’s not in his touring band anymore. It’s another female. Nina Strauss is her  name I think. Both those ladies do not suck. On guitar.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, Dave F said:

Orianthi SJ-200 - Cherry- never heard of him her

Weird you haven’t heard many of these players?

46 minutes ago, Hype said:

Oh it definitely shows. But in guitar culture even if you are not into the music, surely you would’ve heard of Dave Mustaine? 

Many of us are of a time when there was no "guitar culture".  We weren't staring at our phones all day, browsing our tablets, surfing our laptops all night.  We didn't consume all possible internet knowledge every day.  We played the guitar, most of us in bands, most of us trying to make a living at it and in my case failing and having to keep a job.  But out every weekend with a guitar if possible.  It's not the same as owning guitars and blabbing about them all day on the internet, so it is quite possible and normal for lots of guitar players of a certain generation to not have heard of lots of other guitar players.

rct

• Thanks 1

Just a generation gap. I grew up in the 50’s and early 60’s. You may have heard of some of my guitar hero’s but maybe not all of them. 
Hank Garland, Billy Byrd ( these two gave us the Byrdland guitar),  Harold Bradley, James Burton, Scotty Moore, Chuck Berry, Chet Atkins. There were many more as I grew older. 
Even though I don’t /didn’t keep up with the next generations, if I saw a video of some of the popular musicians of the day, I was impressed. I just didn’t get obsessed with them or follow their careers. 
I watched HardRock Vault video with John5 playing some guitars they pulled out of their vault. He blew me away. I still do not have any desire to follow his career in Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie and Motley Crew (I had to look those up)

Edited by Dave F