Gibson Brands Forums

Miranda Lambert Bluebird

Hype

1 hour ago, Dave F said:

How about a Dwight Yoakam or a Kris Kristofferson?

51918416291_b38b6e541b_z.jpg

Seen Dwight twice. I dig Dwight. His pants are to tight, but he ain’t no Ken in a cowboy hat. Kris is a great songwriter, but not a great singer. 

Dwight had a sig D-28 too. 

How about an SG or Flying V or Explorer? 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I agree the "signature" thing has a gotten silly. Nathaniel Rateliff??? I dig his music, but he doesn't rate a signature model IMO.  Many sig models these days are from new artists I've never heard of. Fender is a big perpetrator.

And yes: the RNR HOF means nothing, unfortunately.   But back to Miranda's blue guitar: it's pretty. If I dug blue guitars, I'd buy it... except it's overpriced.  But most sig models are of course.  I own a PRS DGT Core... talk about overpriced (fantastic guitar tho)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

What about the Bill Nelson ES-345. Nope a Barbie Blue Guitar. Bill plays guitar, Miranda she may strum it, but did she inspire you to pick up a guitar, or was it someone else. I’ll bet it was someone else. Page, Hendrix, EVH or Rhodes maybe, not Lambert.

remember the first time you heard Eruption? I sure do I was at my cousins house, and I was floored. I couldn’t name one Miranda Lambert song.

this just goes to show that it's all subjective- i have no idea who you're talking about. I picked up guitar because of noel gallagher. other folks, miranda lambert or nathaniel rateliff. change is the only constant.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cunningham26 said:

this just goes to show that it's all subjective- i have no idea who you're talking about. I picked up guitar because of noel gallagher. other folks, miranda lambert or nathaniel rateliff. change is the only constant.

At least Noel plays the thing, for Miranda its a prop like her hat and boots.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Huh? She writes her songs on guitar. She plays live all the time. Unless your next comment is going to be "it's probably not plugged in"...  not sure why you have such a hate on for her, but she does write and play. Her guitars aren't "props".

• Like 2

I can't say that I am a fan of hers, I agree she is nice to look at but she falls into the new country which I can not stand.  I have heard her speak it is dripping with countless "Ya'lls" .    To me she like many others today think it is cool to drop the right wordsnot only  in songs but in the dialogue to prove to their fans they really are country.  I dont really do signature guitars either.  This guitar will be a pass for me.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ruger9 said:

Huh? She writes her songs on guitar. She plays live all the time. Unless your next comment is going to be "it's probably not plugged in"...  not sure why you have such a hate on for her, but she does write and play. Her guitars aren't "props".

sgt pepper dogs on all female artists as just eye-candy with prop guitars, except his approved list of menopausal boomer artists. he's happy to share just how short his pants get while at the same time totally dismissing the idea that a famous woman making music after 1978 could actually be doing it themselves

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Was "boots" a typo?

I see a hat in this picture, but that ain't a pair of "boots".

2e44b7c1-f87e-4a20-9cf0-e257069ec7d5-ML_

Edited by gearbasher

Gibson had for awhile, may have again - a J45 that came in "Pelham Blue".     Dave F noted above the beautiful blue (lefty) H'Bird that member emeritus Buc had.    I guess I don't understand why people who love electric guitars painted with neon purple and glitter will get apoplectic over an acoustic stained in a primary color.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cunningham26 said:

sgt pepper dogs on all female artists as just eye-candy with prop guitars, except his approved list of menopausal boomer artists. he's happy to share just how short his pants get while at the same time totally dismissing the idea that a famous woman making music after 1978 could actually be doing it themselves

I knew a little about her (Texas Native, etc.)   but thought I'd 'google'  her.    She's won more awards from the Academy of Country Music than any other artist in history.   Been performing for over 20 years.  Photos of her playing an H'Bird almost as long.    With major success and collaborations,   'Pistol Annies' just to name one.  So - IF the reason for this guitar is because  she wants to inspire little girls to play and enjoy guitar,  I'd say collaborating with Gibson to come up with a "BlueBird"  is a good way of doing it.    Or should she have gotten her name on a $300 Mexi-Martin?    

• Like 1

Blue is my favorite color .

She’s been a Gibson artist for a long time , congrats and I hope some grandparents are in a position to gift this guitar to their granddaughters.

If they can make it in lefty , i’ll do my best to get one .

Blue and Texas are two important things in my life .

As a Hummingbird freak and fanatic I love it .

JC

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ruger9 said:

I'd "heart" some of these posts of I could... but some don't give me the option, and the ones that do aren't clickable.  Is it a post count thing? You need x amount of posts counts before you can start "liking" stuff?

Interessantos - would like to know if a member has to 'earn' the right to respond with the now 5 right-corner-symbols. 

23 hours ago, gearbasher said:

Was "boots" a typo?

I see a hat in this picture, but that ain't a pair of "boots".

2e44b7c1-f87e-4a20-9cf0-e257069ec7d5-ML_

It’s a shame that vest shirt thing is in the way. Free those baby’s, they need air.

She must not have been all that a bag of chips, Blake kicked her to the curb for the chick from No Doubt.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kelly campbell said:

I can't say that I am a fan of hers, I agree she is nice to look at but she falls into the new country which I can not stand.  I have heard her speak it is dripping with countless "Ya'lls" .    To me she like many others today think it is cool to drop the right wordsnot only  in songs but in the dialogue to prove to their fans they really are country.  I dont really do signature guitars either.  This guitar will be a pass for me.

They gotta keep up the image, as if they actually drove a poppin Johnny on the family farm. Most are country, the same way Trump was good businessman. Not at all.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Dave F said:

Oh, okay. Here they are in one shot. D28EP (Elvis), 00028ECSB (Clapton Sunburst), HD40MS (Marty Stuart)

48886771761_d70c541a61_c.jpg

My shorts just got tight.

I played a 000-28EC and man those are killer. I have a standard one. The EC's are something special.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper